21-92 Leader, Research and Data Science
at Technical Safety BC
Vancouver, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||23 Dec, 2021||Not Specified||24 Sep, 2021||5 year(s) or above||Research,Root Cause Analysis,Interpersonal Skills,Computer Science,Analytics,Machine Learning,Models,Plain Language,Risk Assessment,Statistics,Python,Database Systems,Mathematics,Artificial Intelligence||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Leader, Research & Data Science leads the research and advanced analytics lifecycles, focusing on machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) applications. Through experimentation and the application of successful discoveries within the business, this role develops a culture of research and innovation within the organization. This role translates strategic and operational business opportunities into research hypotheses, selects appropriate methods and techniques, oversees the execution of research projects and reports on findings. This role is also responsible for enhancements to our industry leading applications of ethical artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms and processes and the continued exploration of techniques such as robotic process automation, natural language processing, and computer vision.
Through the leadership of the Research & Analytics team, and through increasing the effectiveness of assessments, enforcement, education and outreach programs, the Leader, Research & Analytics will advance Technical Safety BC’s vision of Safe Technical Systems. Everywhere.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline that focuses on the use of models, digitized data, and statistics and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in analytics.
- Minimum 5 years’ leadership experience. Experience leading in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an applied research setting.
- Experience using research to solve business problems by utilizing analytics, modelling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, experiments, statistical tests, root cause analysis, reliability analysis, quantitative risk assessment
- Proficient in database systems including data warehouses and multi-dimensional analytic solutions including Python and R.
- Experience with agile methodology and research portfolio management. Extensive knowledge of working with large data sets, defining critical tests, and conducting experiments.
- Excellent understanding of statistical methods, risk assessment, and modelling techniques.
- Experience with independently gathering and evaluating statistical information, operating results, and identifying trends using analytical tools and software packages.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt style and content to fit the audience.
- Ability to inspire change, lead and influence others.
- Ability to translate highly technical information into plain language.
- Experience in the development, analysis, and implementation of strategic/business plans.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
ABOUT TECHNICAL SAFETY BC
Technical Safety BC is an independent, self-funded organization that oversees the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment across the province. In addition to issuing permits, licenses and certificates, we work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement, and research. Through simplification of our initiatives we promote understanding and engagement, making safety accessible to everyone. As society changes, we create and adopt new ideas, skills, and tools that will enable us to meet the safety challenges of a highly-connected world.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the safety system in B.C. We are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. Technical Safety BC welcomes those who would contribute to further diversifying our organization, as we are an equal opportunity employer.
Our values guide our work.
- We See Genius in Diversity
- We Foster Confidence
- We Make the Complex Simple
- We Adapt
- Leads the definition of business issues and opportunities as research problems and communicates research findings as actionable business items. Leads the definition of research problems in such a way that it supports decision-making on strategic and operational issues.
- Provides leadership on and ensures the use of proper methods and techniques to derive scientifically valid conclusions. Oversees complex analyses conducted within the research & analytics team, including reporting. Guides and supports research work conducted in other parts of the organization.
- Leads the research program and fact-based knowledge development at Technical Safety BC. Systematically builds, maintains and makes available a body of knowledge around corporate priorities for public safety, stakeholder behavior and client needs.
- Contribute to identifying and informing a partnership strategy with post-secondary institutions, industry, and private organizations to utilize Artificial Intelligence (AI) for maximum impact to the safety system.
- Leads the organization in defining best practices in the use of AI and ethical implications and working with internal and external parties on the proper use of AI.
- Actively supports the development of a “culture of research” throughout the organization, in which facts are systematically collected and used to improve safety, reduce operating cost, and maximize value for clients.
- Maintains relationships with researchers employed at other regulators, educational institutions, and Technical Safety BC clients to develop best practices in data collection, analysis, and the communication of research findings.
IT Software - Other
Vancouver, BC, Canada