Activities Coordinator - The Orchard Respite Centre
at Mowlam Healthcare
Blackrock, County Dublin, Ireland - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||28 Dec, 2019||Not Specified||28 Sep, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Communication Skills,Completion,English||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
WHO ARE WE?
Mowlam Healthcare provides resident-cantered nursing home and respite care with compassion, dignity and respect. Our clear focus is “To Enhance the Quality of Life for Our Older Residents” and “clients” and to do this we must have the best and most passionate people across all areas of the organisation who are committed to making a difference. We continually strive to create a friendly and supportive workplace, encouraging each facility to have its own individual personality reflecting the residents and care team within it.
We are now looking for an Activities Coordinator in our Home based in The Orchard Respite Centre, Blackrock, Dublin. The Orchard Respite Centre provides specialist respite care for people with dementia and cognitive impairment. The centre is run by Mowlam Healthcare in collaboration with The Alzheimer Society of Ireland and the Health Services Executive (HSE).
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS NEEDED?
- Relevant qualification in Healthcare/Social care
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Completion of Sonas & Imagination Gym courses (desirable but not essential)
- Enthusiastic, caring, reliable and empathetic nature
- Strong Communication skills
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home.
Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Director of Nursing.
Due to the high number of applications we only reply to candidates who are shortlisted for interview<
Job Type: Full-tim
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of Activities Coordinator is to support the Residents in carrying on of their daily activities under the direction and supervision of qualified nursing staff. The Activities Coordinator will ensure that the Resident’s privacy and dignity is respected at all times.
The Activities Coordinator will organise and maintain on a daily basis all standard activities, actively helping to promote and create the environment referred to in the mission statement and plan and implement special activities as requested by or as deemed to be of interest to the Residents.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE ENTAIL?
- Organising and maintaining on a daily basis standard activities which include (but are not limited to) arts and crafts, baking, gardening, flower arranging, newspapers quizzes, card games, bingo, exercise sessions, walks, hand massages, nail care, arranging hairdressing appointments, sensory room and arranging attendance at mass or other religious services.
- Planning and implementing special activities which include (but are not limited to) outings, garden visits, birthday parties, Christmas and other seasonal celebrations.
- Drawing up a daily and weekly program of activities.
- Maintaining daily files and charts for each Resident that provide clear evidence of the activities planned and carried out.
- Ensuring each resident has an up to date and complete “Life Story Book”
- Keeping the nursing staff up to date on Resident’s condition
- Assisting with the orientation of new Residents to then Nursing Home environment
- Attending in-service training and education programmes as may be required
- Perform escort duties as required, which may from time to time involve duty beyond rostered hours
- Work in any area of the Nursing Home as may be required.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Blackrock, County Dublin, Ireland