Administration Coordinator, Research & Development
at Stemcell Technologies Canada Inc.
Vancouver, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||11 Jan, 2020||Not Specified||11 Oct, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Microsoft Office,Management Skills,Immunology,Regenerative Medicine,Cancer,Training,Operational Activities,Biotechnology Industry,Scientists,Life Sciences||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Here are a few good reasons of why you’re the best fit for an Operations Coordinator role within the Research & Development Department: you have a positive “can-do” attitude, thrive on being challenged with a variety of responsibilities from administrative tasks to coordinating department-wide initiatives, excel working in a fast-paced environment, have top-notch organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail, and enjoy applying your scientific knowledge. With these attributes and collaborative nature, you’re able to skillfully manoeuvre through an array of administrative areas, projects and/or programs working closely with cross-functional teams while learning about how STEMCELL supports the life sciences community.
- BSc degree or technical diploma in life sciences preferred.
- 1-3 years of coordination and/or administrative experience in life sciences or biotechnology industry preferred.
- Ability to plan and coordinate operational activities; must be able to assess competing priorities and meet operational deadlines.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to manage multiple initiatives and tasks.
- Precision and accuracy are required; demonstrates attention to detail and has excellent record keeping skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in an environment with fluctuating volumes and demands.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools; practical experience of database management is an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
- Provide operational and administrative support for projects and programs related to departmental objectives and goals, including tracking, reporting, and following up on timelines and deliverables.
- Manage complex calendars, and schedule meetings with participants in multiple time zones and locations.
- Prepare and distribute meeting materials in a timely manner including recording meeting minutes, updating organizational charts and project plans.
- Contribute to maintaining administrative processes in alignment with corporate standards.
- Develop content and deliver presentations as required.
- Coordinate new employee onboarding activities.
- Update and maintain R&D Operations data; serve as a custodian for data quality and reporting.
- Reconcile R&D Operations expense accounts and credit card statements.
- Assist with tracking of budgetary expenditures.
- Coordinate internal and external training activities by tracking incoming requests, nominations, course dates, and completion.
- Organize meetings, planning sessions, social activities, and other events.
- Perform other duties as required.
HR / Administration / IR
Vancouver, BC, Canada