at Association of Interior Designers of Nova Scotia
Halifax, NS, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||14 Nov, 2020||Not Specified||23 Sep, 2020||1 year(s) or above||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Association of Interior Designers of Nova Scotia is a self regulating organization governed by the Interior Designers Act of the Province of Nova Scotia.
IDNS is committed to the advancement of the interior design profession. It is the association’s mandate to promote and support both the interests of the public and the interior design industry. IDNS strives to;
Protect the health, safety and well-being of the general public
Develop and maintain standards of practice of interior design
Encourage excellence in interior design
Provide courses for the continuing professional development of interior designers
Uphold the Code of Ethics for the professional practice of interior design
Promote and extend the profession of interior design by providing a liaison between the profession and the public
Description: Administrative Assistant for the Association of Interior Designers of Nova Scotia. This position would require to work from home office and applicant must have own computer, phone and access to internet.
Hours: 10-20 hours per month (hours vary per month and are not guaranteed)
Wage: Hourly (negotiable)
· Post secondary education
· Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience in event planning is an asset
· Experience in graphic design is an asset
· Book keeping and accounting experience is an asset.
· Act as the general point of contact for the general public from our IDNS email, phone and mail and disturb correspondence to the appropriate IDNS director.
· Create and distribute bi-monthly newsletter to general membership, information to include upcoming event dates, list of continuing education opportunities, new member alerts, important information, etc.
· Check IDNS P.O. mailbox and distribute mail accordingly.
· Assist Continuing Education Director in organizing two building code refresh Course each year.
· Assist Treasurer with creating annual budgets and remind Treasurer when bills are due.
· Assist Registrar and membership director maintaining membership list and ensure all members are in good standing with dues, Continuing Education courses and insurance.
· Create welcome package for new members.
· Create certificates for new members.
· Coordinate with bookkeeper and accountant.
· Send updates of new IDNS members to Board and update distribution list.
· Aid IDNS Board in creating a yearly strategic plan
· Develop and maintain standard forms for IDNS
· Update IDNS Operational Manual as required
· Coordinate with third party reviewer for foreign applicants.
· Publish newsletters, yearly strategic plan report, articles, new members on our website.
· Scan and upload existing documents to IDNS cloud server
· Organize general and board meeting by finding location, arranging lunch/snacks.
· Securing sponsorships for meetings through existing IDNS relationships
· Organize an industry event once a year by finding venue, organizing catering, sending out invitations to industry members, secure sponsorships, organizing audio visual, organize transactions and accounting of the event, helping with silent auction and working the event.
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Application deadline: 2020-10-15
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
Please refer the Job description for details
Architecture / Interior Design
Halifax, NS, Canada