at The Salvation Army
Windsor, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||19 Oct, 2019||USD 16 Hourly||20 Jul, 2019||N/A||Excel,Office Equipment,Completion,Technology,Cpic,Office Procedures,Training,Diplomacy,Management Skills,Communication Skills,Regulations,Powerpoint,Professional Development||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Develop an understanding of the Mission of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
- Maintain information in confidence as required.
- Participate as an active and responsible team member.
- Represent the organization in a professional and engaging manner.
- Participate in supervision and annual performance appraisal process.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Salvation Army policies and procedures.
- Attend/participate in staff meetings as required.
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution
- Act in the best interest of the employer at all times
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training
- Completion of a Community College program, preferably the completion of a Business Administration Diploma or Certificate.
- Minimum of one (1) year of prior related experience, including, administrative experience and experience dealing with office equipment and tools
- Proficient in office procedures (telephone, photocopier, scanner, fax machine, boardroom reservations, etc.)
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with the public, both in person and on the telephone.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn, adapts, and utilizes technology and processes quickly.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, prioritizing and time management skills to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines, attention to detail, ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written/oral) Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to lift/move 10 lbs.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, good judgment and ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products is required - i.e. Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.
- Provide an original copy of a Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
- Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada.
- NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Perform general office duties such as answer and screen telephone calls and direct enquires and answer inquires, greet and escort visitors, file documents electronically or manually; photocopy and distribute materials as requested; and send and receive /email material as requested; resolve routine inquires.
- Draft and type correspondence dealing with administrative issues.
- Build and maintain databases (e.g. payroll reports, contact lists and maintain data input into the Salvation Army Management information system – SAMIS.
- Type and circulate minutes, prepare weekly church bulletin, fliers, draft monthly calendars, post items as directed on Social Media, advertisements, and invitations etc.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and process out-going mail, which maybe of confidential nature, receive parcel(s) and distribute to the appropriate person(s).
- Prepare and code invoices for processing by regional accounting centre (RAC) and may respond to vendor inquiries; reconcile and submit Travel and Expense Management (TEM) paperwork.
- Order all stationery supplies and maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and other supplies.
- Arrange for maintenance of office equipment.
- Perform duties such as receive monetary donations following standard procedures, handle and maintain petty cash; prepare room rental billing and temporary/official donor receipts.
- Provide administrative support for hall rentals as directed.
- Ensure that all aspects of work are completed in accordance with the principles, standards and policies and procedures of The Salvation Army.
- May assist with the organization and maintenance of the filing system (both electronically or manually)
- Perform other position related duties as assigned.
HR / Administration / IR
Completion of a community college program preferably the completion of a business administration diploma or certificate.
Windsor, ON, Canada