After Hours Support Worker - Perry House (Part Time)
at Jesuit Social Services
Australia, , Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||17 Dec, 2020||USD 70405 Annual||17 Sep, 2020||N/A||Crisis Situations,Children,Reporting,Risk,Professional Manner,Young People,Intellectual Disabilities,Sympathy||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
After Hrs. Worker – independent living skills program for young people engaged in the justice system at risk of homelessness. Northern suburb location.
- Part time position
- Reservoir location
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Perry House is a Specialist Forensic Disability Program, providing residential and outreach based living skills program for young people with intellectual disabilities involved with youth justice and correctional services.
Perry House targets young people who are at risk of re-offending and who require support in developing essential independent living skills to live autonomously in the community. Specifically, Perry House program accommodates 4 young people for 12 months.
The Perry House program provides a structured comprehensive independent living skills assessment of each young person residing in the house, and over a twelve-month period workers engage with the young person, the departmental disabilities services case manager and any other extended support with a focus on effective reintegration into community.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic candidate to be part of the Perry House team.
The key objectives of the role are, to provide afterhours support, incorporating sleepover shifts on a rotating roster bases, to young people participating in the programs. Engaging in a positive manner with the residents while assisting them with daily tasks and to adhere to any specific requirements of the program or their case plan.
A base salary of $70,405 per annum (pro rata) is on offer, plus salary packaging benefits, offered together with ongoing professional and career development.
- An ability and commitment to work as part of a team to support young people within a residential environment.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working effectively with young people with intellectual disabilities who may also be experiencing other complex problems associated with offending behaviour.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills, including high level objectivity and capacity to work in a professional manner with disadvantaged and challenging young people.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound assessment of crisis situations including; substance misuse, first aid and challenging behaviours.
- An awareness and understanding of the issues that face young people with intellectual disabilities who have experienced institutionalisation and/or have had contact with the criminal justice system.
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously while working to team goals.
- Capacity to fulfil reporting and administrative requirements associated with the position
- Capacity and commitment to contribute to the wider development Jesuit Social Service
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Current Victorian driver’s licence
- Working with Children Check card
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
Please refer the Job description for details
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D