Analyst Performance and Analytics
at RIO Tinto
Perth, Western Australia, Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||24 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||24 Sep, 2020||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Be a part of a close knit professional team
- Exposure to the railways division
- Perth based - Operations Centre
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth’s mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We’re committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It’s how we grow - it’s how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for an Analyst to help evaluate performance of the railways division and communicate to the wider business.
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
This role is a great opportunity to get to the see the rail network and have exposure to improvement initiatives, planning tools and performance evaluation methods.
Working a typical Monday to Friday roster and reporting to the Superintendent Performance and Analytics, you will be:
- Clearly & concisely articulating the key messages on the railways division performance
- Performing analysis on large data sets to help guide broader business decisions
- Identifying & following through with system improvement opportunities
- Evaluating future operating tactics / strategies
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS ROLE
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A process engineering, data science or supply chain background
- Ability to be a self-starter and drive change
- Ability to critically analyse data and problem solve.
- Strong data analysis and developer experience with dashboards. i.e.Power BI, SQL, Python, R.
- Ability to build trust with operations personnel to drive change.
- Customer focused.
- Can distil large amounts of information into a concise message.
It will also be beneficial if you:
- Have operational experience
- Modelling experience
- Prior experience within rail industry
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
IT Software - Other
Perth WA, Australia