Applications Analyst II - Inpatient Epic - CPOE
at Boston Medical Center BMC
Boston, Massachusetts, USA - 02118
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||07 Oct, 2022||Not Specified||07 Jul, 2022||2 year(s) or above||Vendors,Re Engineering,Business Process,Project Documentation,Communication Skills,Technical Writing,Concept Development,Contractors,Business Systems Analysis,Technology,Information Systems,It||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The CPOE Applications Analyst II is a business specialist and technology generalist responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies. The Applications Analyst II is responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to apply technologies to business processes by informing and advising customers on information system technologies’ functionality, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements.
The Applications Analyst II functions as technical liaison and broker of services with various vendors. The Applications Analyst II must develop and maintain credibility and effective working relations with both customer management and IT personnel. The Applications Analyst II must demonstrate an understanding of business problems, as well as IT strategies, issues, and priorities. This position requires forward-thinking individuals who seek opportunities to apply technology to improving business processes within strategic system goals.
Position: Applications Analyst II
Department: Inpatient Epic - CPOE
Associate’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience). Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Requires at least 2 + years relevant experience in either of the following:
Business systems analysis, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms or
Business unit experience that includes working closely with IT in the development and implementation of systems.
Additional experience desired:
- Previous experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement is desirable, involving broad-based information systems and utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Experience in the strategic use of technology in managing and growing a business.
- Experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
- HL7 knowledge is a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the assigned business area’s products and processes.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that is understandable to the business.
- Understanding of project management concepts in planning and implementing multiple projects in a cross functional environment.
- Strong written communication skills, including project documentation and technical writing.
- Strong verbal communication skills while interacting with team members, other teams in the IT department, end users, and/or other departments throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; a demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans.
- Ability to solve problems often spanning multiple environments in a business area.
- Understanding of how IT affects an organization and ability to link it to redesigned business process.
- Ability to be a team player; flexible, friendly, congenial, and enthusiastic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Upon hiring, successful completion of Epic’s proficiency program must be completed within 90 days.
Some night and weekend hours required as needed.
Req id: 2486
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Provide support to assigned customers in defining or designing business processes and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
- Ability to be a team player; flexible, friendly, congenial, and enthusiastic
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices relevant to the assigned client business;
- Assess near-term needs, utilizing structured interview processes to establish business priorities.
- Consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities;
- Coordinate multi-system solutions to clarify interdependencies (and interfaces) so that systems appear seamless to customers.
- Align with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status and inform customer management of progress.
- Conversely, keep the IT group’s technology and service managers aware of user issues and potential potholes or resolve conflicts;
- Diagnose, analyze, and resolve software issues independently or by engaging the appropriate parties to achieve a resolution.
- Document all aspects of the project plans (scope, definition, testing, delivery and support) and coordinate business/clinical and IT implementation resources for successful delivery. Actively participate in the team environment and enable colleagues to fulfill the department’s operating objectives.
- Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost versus benefit measurements; brokers other IT services; and communicates trends and requirements to and from customers and IT.
- Responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to apply technologies to business processes.
- Informs and advises customers on information system technologies’ functionality, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements.
- Participate in an on call customer support rotation during normal business hours and off hours
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
IT Software - Other
Boston, MA, USA