Area Engineer - South Region
at Freight Transport Association
United Kingdom, , United Kingdom - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||09 Apr, 3810||Not Specified||23 Sep, 2019||3 year(s) or above||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Advert TextFTA is looking to recruit an Area Engineer in the South Region to be responsible for carrying out audits and maintenance inspections of vehicles, ancillary equipment and administration systems.
- To plan, organise and complete all work allocated in a timely manner, in line with customer requirements and strictly adhering to FTA safety guidelines.
- To ensure that the high standards and quality of work set by FTA are achieved at all times, whilst maintaining pre-set productivity targets.
- To ensure that all documentation and reports are accurately completed.
- To ensure that FTA electronic systems and laptop information is securely protected, and that work done is transmitted to Head Office every working day.
- Actively engage with customers, providing cost effective and practicable solutions if required.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as directed.
- To assist the Regional Operations Manager in other duties, as requested.
- To demonstrate the company values (Reputation, Excellence, Togetherness & Dynamism)ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fully trained HGV, PSV or MHE Engineers, as appropriate, with relevant technical qualifications.
- Industry recognised qualification in motor vehicle engineering is required such as City and Guilds Level 2 or National Vocational Qualification Level 2
- 3 Years previous experience is required in motor vehicle engineering in order to meet IRTEC requirements.
- Full UK Driving License is essential
- Highly motivated
- Good organisational and communication skillsDESIRABLE:
- Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable
- HGV Category C/ C+E licence is desirable
- PSV Category D licence is desirable
- Good IT proficiency and ability to pick up new systems.The role requires flexibility from the successful applicant and an understanding that it does involve regular travel and occasional overnight stays to ensure all work is completed
Engineering Design / R&D
United Kingdom, United Kingdom