at Sudbury Catholic District School Board
Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||05 Mar, 2020||USD 22 Hourly||03 Nov, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Furniture,Plumbing,Maintenance,Writing,Protection,Privacy Act,English,Regulations||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Assistant Custodians – 2 permanent, part-time positions
Saturdays and Sundays, 16 hours weekly
(8 hours per day, start times to be determined as needed, mandatory ½ hour unpaid lunch)
The Assistant Custodian performs various duties related to the efficient operation and maintenance of building(s) and grounds ensuring clean, safe and healthy conditions. He/she provides direction to cleaning staff based on instructions received from the Building Services Technician (BST)/Custodian. Finally, in the absence of the BST/Custodian, the Assistant Custodian serves as the lead contact person for any issues related to facilities.
Please note there are two non-work periods each year; Christmas break and summer break.
Salary $22.20 hourly.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references as one electronic document, no later than noon on November 13, 2019 by email. Please quote ‘Assistant Custodian’ in the subject line.
- Secondary school diploma
- Current valid First Aid (basic standard) and CPR certifications, or willingness to complete
- Basic knowledge of computer applications (e.g.: E-mail, Internet, Windows Operating System environment)
- Working knowledge in the operations of all custodial processes and procedures and custodial cleaning/grounds equipment
- Working knowledge of minor repairs, upkeep and maintenance of equipment
- Basic knowledge of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Minimum 1 year of institutional cleaning experience or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing (English)
- Ability to perform minor repairs, upkeep and maintain equipment
- Ability to operate various equipment, e.g. tractor, ride on floor equipment, snow blower, etc.
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment with a demonstrated customer service focus
- Ability to communicate and relate with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis at various locations
- A satisfactory police record check; Vulnerable Sector Check
- Occasional lifting/carrying of furniture, snow etc. up to 25 lbs (up to 75 lbs on rare occasions)
- Frequent pushing, pulling, standing, walking and bending
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (705) 673-5620.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes. For questions about collection of information during the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.20 /hou
Please refer the Job description for details
HR / Administration / IR
Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada