Big Data Lead - Migration Project
at Y Axis Staffing Services
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - V5H327
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||15 Dec, 2019||USD 100000 Annual||17 Sep, 2019||8 year(s) or above||Hadoop, Python, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Hive, Impala, HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce, Linux / Unix command line, Hadoop/Spark internals or committers, Chef automation, Debugging, Cloudera administration.||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
We are looking for a Big Data Lead for Migration of SQL queries to Hadoop (using Python / Spark). The project is for one of the largest Technology companies that manufactures and sells computer hardware and software among other IT infrastructure services.
This position requires you to Lead a team while contributing individually towards the project goals.
Core job responsibilities for the Big Data Lead for Migration is as follows:
- Migrate SQL queries to Hadoop (Python / Spark) & lead a team of Big Data Developers on this project.
- Lead and Manage the team while acting as an independent contributor.
- Design & Implement large, scalable distributed systems.
- Deploy work with big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark.
- Coach the other members of the team on Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Impala ).
- Debug production issues using standard command line tools.
- Design documentation and maintain process documentation.
- Understanding of Hadoop/Spark internal or commiters & Knowledge of Chef Automation preferred.
- Debug Hadoop / Hive job failures.
- Administer Hadoop using Cloudera.
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Big Data (Hadoop & Python/Spark)