Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||26 Oct, 2019||Not Specified||31 Jul, 2019||2 year(s) or above||Familiarity with SQL, ideally with application to Google BigQuery||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
As one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (the owner of Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com), and with over 150M users PlentyOfFish has a unique opportunity for optimizing our business using data.
We are looking for someone to be a part of our extraordinary Strategy & Analytics team, who would work cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and correct business and product challenges facing PlentyOfFish. The Business Analyst will deliver high-quality product analysis with an eye for understanding our marketplace of daters; will collaborate with the product, engineering, business intelligence, and marketing teams.
We are looking for people with strong quantitative training, deep knowledge of what makes a marketplace successful, a passion for telling stories with insights gleaned from data, and the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues.
If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and love complex challenges, we want to hear from you.
So, what will you do?
- Quantitatively analyze user behavior to help understand the impact that our product changes have on our users and our marketplace, including driving learning from split tests
- Provide squad members with deep dive quantitative analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from massive, complex data sets
- Collaborate with data science, product management, and data engineering teams to share and develop knowledge
- Identify opportunities to automate repetitive analyses
- Become a business-minded, analytical expert in either our Protect & Care (Customer Success & User Safety) or Strategic Initiatives squad (TBD based upon candidate fit)
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 2+ years of progressive professional experience using quantitative analysis to make product-focused recommendations
- Strong understanding of incrementality and sizing business problems and opportunities
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience with ambiguous and complex analytical assignments
- Experience with raw clickstream data (event data) and datasets of 100 million+ records
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts such as confidence, normal distribution, correlation, linear regression, and linear programming
- Familiarity with SQL, ideally with application to Google BigQuery
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (no VBA required)
- A vertical skillset that encompasses problem identification, analysis, solution definition, results, and communication
- Experience with a fast-paced gaming company
- Experience with financial analysis and statistical analysis
- Experience in an internal or external management consulting/advisory role
- Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, or subscription-based business
- You're a user of PlentyOfFish or other online dating services
What this role is not:
- Focused on requirements gathering
- Data science (although we do love it!)
- Business Intelligence Analyst or Business Intelligence Engineer
At POF, our vision is to create the most dates for our 150M+ users around the world.
We're one of the top revenue driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH ( )), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you're keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada