at Tokio Marine HCC
London, England, United Kingdom - EC3M 6AL
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||27 Oct, 2022||Not Specified||27 Jul, 2022||N/A||Agile,Epics,User Stories,Traceability Matrix,Features,Consideration||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Overview: Business Analyst
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Speciality Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, Tokio Marine HCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients. We have doubled our gross written premiums in the past 3 years and our plan to do so again in the next 3 years.
To support this desire, we need to be forward-thinking and innovative in every respect. That means continually improving our customer-focused business, it means providing system, solutions and technology to enable seamless growth and business innovation, and it means having the best people capability to apply to these challenges.
Part of our evolution involves growing our team, and bringing in a range of views, perspectives and backgrounds that will allow us to deliver this forward-looking culture. That relies upon open and trusting relationships, and a shared vision for that continual improvement. We aspire to build an environment where new perspectives are encouraged, where resilience, fresh ideas and different opinions are valued.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SPECIFICATION:
- Creating user stories, features and epics
- Reporting catalogue development
- Entity relationship diagrams
- Strategic analysis (SWOT/Porter 5 Forces/Balance Scorecard)
- Develop requirements traceability matrix
- Experience working as a business analyst within the insurance industry
- Ability to identify, plan, co-ordinate and conduct requirements gathering activities within a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands across numerous requests feeding into the product team
- Demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand complex business, IT design and development requirements taking into consideration their functional and non-functional needs
- Understanding of different methodologies such as Agile (Scrum, Kanban etc.) and Waterfall
- Relationship management of both internal and external customers
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
TMHCC is seeking a Business Analyst to join our London Market (LM) Change team which aligns to our London Market Business. This team will be managing identifying and delivering changes needed into multiple product offerings that London Market have.
This role will be working closely with the Business Stakeholders to understand their needs and translating those across to the delivery teams.
The large scale of change needed in London Market, means that the work that you will be working on will be varied and across multiple teams, so there is plenty of opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge.
You will report to the Head of LM Operational Change who is responsible for embedding change into the business, inline with the overall strategy.
Your role is crucial towards the success of the products within the Lines of Business (LoB) that your team manages. You will be part of a forefront business transformation towards a way of operating, that centres upon empowerment around the business’ products, and as such, you will need to steer the team, both in terms of their skills mix and the change priorities, as the team undergoes changes to coalesce around key products and adopts increasingly agile ways of working. This will require an open-minded approach and collaboration with agile coaches that will assist in the team transformation, and the ability to navigate associated cultural implications.
In parallel, you will need to get the best out of your evolving team and help empower it to deliver change from ideation through to release, leveraging all of the disciplines that make-up the team.
- Work closely with all aspects of the business to understand business strategy, business drivers, capabilities and processes.
- Represent the business to ensure the solutions and deliverables meet the business requirements
- Facilitate business workshops to understand and elicit requirements
- Lead the scoping and sizing of both in-house and external propositions, ensuring they are compliant with the given design and development standards and are fit-for-purpose
- Create business requirements in a way that the business understands, and the technical teams can deliver
- Partner/assist the Product Owner/Product Manager to ensure user stories and requirements are captured and have the correct level of detail to facilitate backlog prioritisation
- Capture and validate acceptance criteria ensuring line of sight to the outcomes
- Support product team to develop and refine use stories through the delivery lifecycle
- Prioritise user requirements based on the business needs and value
- Positively contribute to the Agile ceremonies
- Nurture and maintain relationships with business stakeholders and ensure that business stakeholders are kept updated with developments
- Provide relevant consultancy skills into the business and render assistance to the team members and other parties as required
- Proactively mentor and develop fellow team members
Analytics & Business Intelligence
London, United Kingdom