at Maria Mallaband Care Group
Ilkley, England, United Kingdom - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||15 Dec, 2020||GBP 10 Hourly||15 Sep, 2020||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Attend staff meeting as required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in relation to the relevant data protection legislation.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with Service Users, relatives and be polite and courteous to all visitors. When answering the telephone, ensure professionalism and any messages taken are dealt with effectively.
- Maintain appropriate documentation in line with ‘Safer Food Better Business’.
- Ensure safe use of equipment and report any defects to the Person in Charge.
- Report incidents involving Service Users, staff or visitors immediately to the Person in Charge
- Understand the importance of correct record management and own personal responsibilities in maintaining this through passwords, storage of documentation, and sharing information (both paper based or on electronic systems).
- Report breeches of records security to line manager or the Caldicott Guardian.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Cook/Chef must be reliable and fully competent in all aspects of kitchen duties and be able to produce a variety of menus, including catering for special dietary needs, whilst not exceeding the budget.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Prepare menu in line with allocated food budget.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals chosen by the Service Users from the menu for the day, using stock as required as economically as possible, whilst maintaining the quality without undue shortages or excesses
- Liaise with chosen suppliers on ordering the required stock whilst maintaining the budget.
- To document daily menus.
- Store all food safely. Rotate stock and check ‘use by’ dates regularly
- Ensure kitchen equipment is kept clean and ready for use and ensure that all cleaning rotas are completed and handed to the Person in Charge.
- Assist the Care Manager in the resolution of any Service Users’ catering complaints.
- Supervise the kitchen staff and assist with the induction and training programme for new staff and participate in staff reviews and supervisions.
- To be aware of risks to the Service Users from the kitchen equipment.
- Comply with company policy and procedure in relation to infection control and prevention.
Hotels / Restaurants
Ilkley, United Kingdom