Chemical Engineer (m/w/d)
Wesseling, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||19 Jun, 2023||Not Specified||07 Feb, 2023||N/A||Disabilities,Chemical Industry,Communication Skills,Process Engineering,Rotating Equipment,Chemical Engineering,Equipment Design,Technology,Operations,Systematic Approach,It,Physics,Safeguarding,German,Chemistry||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU?
We are looking for a preferably experienced process engineer for the technological support of our Gastreating Production Unit:
- Applicant must have a Master- or Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or similar.
- Substantial experience in process technology, process engineering and/or process safety is favorable.
- Expertise in the field of petro-chemicals or chemical industry is highly favorable.
- Having knowledge of heat exchange and rotating equipment, experience in process and equipment design and safeguarding is required.
- Written and spoken German is required for interactions with operations, at least level B1.
- Good English knowledge is necessary for communicating with our global networks and colleagues.
- Interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments are required.
- Candidate should have demonstrated strong analytical power, communication skills, and a systematic approach to problem solving.
If you’d like to work on the energy challenges of tomorrow in one of our five global Shell Energy and Chemicals parks in Rheinland we look forward to receiving your application.
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefited from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
You will be technologically supporting one of our Production Units at Shell’s Energy and Chemicals Park Rheinland to run its assets safely and economically.
This Chemical Engineer role is focused on gastreating and sulphur recovery. The assets of the production unit contain typical distillation, conversion, reforming, hydrotreating, hydrocracking and gas-treatment units. You will also learn on these units by acting on the interfaces and stand in for your technologist colleagues.
Working as a Chemical Engineer supporting a Production Unit means to:
- Deliver proactive technological support to this Production Unit to ensure safe operation, asset integrity, compliance, and optimal performance (margin, energy, reliability) in both, short and long term
- Support the Production Unit during operational issues and performance troubleshooting
- Ensure process safety aspects for all plant changes and smaller projects
- Support definition and implementation of margin and energy/CO2 improvement projects
- Support Turnarounds
- Active collaboration and leverage on daily operation in close alignment with this Production Unit
- Work in multidisciplinary teams and organizations on a local but also on a global level
The role of a Chemical Engineer is well appreciated as foundation for future personal development into other areas like e.g.
- Economics & Scheduling or
at site or globally. Experiences gained in this job will also be crucial for supporting Rheinland’s transformation journey to a Net Zero Emission Energy and Chemicals Park.
This job offers many opportunities for training either on the job, as part of dedicated teams or by special courses.
You will participate in a multi-cultural/gender team of people with varying expertise and experience. And finally, this role allows at least partly working from home and thus creates a lot of flexibility in balancing professional and private needs.
Engineering Design / R&D
Chemical engineering engineering chemistry physics or similar