Commissioning Support Engineer - Transit / Rail
Toronto, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||15 Sep, 2021||Not Specified||16 Jun, 2021||10 year(s) or above||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, technical expertise and effective contract management are both crucial to the success of our projects and the strong relationships we have with our clients. The Commissioning Support Engineer provides technical and contract administration expertise while also providing the leadership necessary to effectively progress highly complex and challenging issues. The role entails independently performing a variety of technical, analytical, management and contract administration work during the Commissioning phase of a large commuter rail infrastructure project and through the transition into Revenue Service. We are looking for someone with working knowledge of Commissioning fundamentals, contract management strategies, and relevant industry practices. Knowledge of Systems engineering, Revenue Vehicles and/or the P3 Substantial Completion process would also be an asset.
Based in Toronto, you’ll have the chance to use your experience and expertise managing and executing P3 transit contracts through Substantial Completion to provide technical and strategic recommendations and guidance to the client. The Commissioning Manager is responsible for managing interfaces across multiple organizations and teams, providing relevant expertise, and generally supporting the Senior Commissioning Support Engineer and the Project Director in the delivery of the Project. In this position you’ll own your career as you work with our outstanding team on some of the most innovative projects of our time.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Ability to independently apply analytical techniques to problems related to Commissioning, Substantial Completion, and Revenue Service.
- Provide technical and contract administration recommendations to the project controls team, Technical Advisor, and the client.
- Work very closely with the scheduling team to compare actual progress and logic to the P6 schedule.
- Represent the client at multiple project working groups.
- Review, monitor and track relevant submittals including:
- Commissioning plans, procedures, reports, and manuals.
- Evidence in support of new third party infrastructure Commissioning and completion.
- Plans, strategies, supporting documentation, and evidence related to the Substantial Completion process.
- Monitoring the progress of Commissioning, handover of new third party infrastructure, and Substantial Completion to be aware of emerging issues and able to identify and characterize risks including quantification and strategies for mitigation.
- Audit and review work to confirm conformance with the Project Agreement, good industry practice, and applicable standards.
- Monitor and track outstanding work and deficiencies and ensure resolution prior to Final Completion.
- Assisting client in interpretation of Project Agreement
- Keep senior management and others routinely informed of project status and all developments that can impact project cost, schedule, safety, and reputation through regular reports.
You’ll Also Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and a P Eng. designation would be an asset.
- 10 years of progressive commissioning and/or contract administration experience on a large infrastructure project.
- In depth understanding of technical, contractual, and commercial fundamentals on major projects.
- Previous experience in the administration of large civil construction contracts.
- Experience liaising with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Transit/transportation project experience.
- A PMP designation would be an asset.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or P6 would be an asset.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector
Please refer the Job description for details
Site Engineering / Project Management
Engineering and a p eng
Toronto, ON, Canada