Communications & Fundraising Specialist
at Learning Disabilities Association of Peel Region
Peel, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||15 Nov, 2020||USD 20 Hourly||23 Sep, 2020||5 year(s) or above||Adobe Creative Suite,Communications||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
LDAPR is a small charity that provides services to children and youth with learning disabilities in Peel Region. We are currently looking for a motivated individual to cover a maternity leave vacancy as Communications & Fund-Raising Specialist. The ideal candidate should bring meaningful experience in the not for profit sector to be able to contribute fresh ideas and tangible results that translate into the growth of the organization.
· University degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum three (3) years’ related experience. Experience in the not for profit sector environment strongly preferred. Working knowledge of Web and design utilities, Adobe Creative Suite, accessibility tools and standards, social media management. Knowledge or interest in learning disability issues is an asset.
· Develop and execute a Marketing/Communication plan for LDAPR
· Establish professional and meaningful communications with partner organizations, stakeholders, business leaders, and clients
· Develop and maintain partnerships of mutual benefit with other NFP’s, social service clubs, businesses, and community agencies
· Oversee the Outreach to local schools, associations, private corporations, post-secondary institutions, and Community Events throughout Peel Region
· In collaboration with staff, create and distribute flyers, brochures, posters, press releases, and other outreach materials
· Develop and maintain relations with media, write newspaper ads and create advertisements for both print and radio venues. Respond to requests for information from the media or redirect to another source
· Keep the website and all social media current
· Write and distribute quarterly Newsletter
· Participate in Community Events
- Gather, maintain, write, edit, update and proof marketing and advertising content.
- Gather, maintain, write, edit, update and proof internal and external communications.
· Organize workshops, create all related tasks, communications, invites and marketing plans
Marketing / Advertising / MR / PR
Peel, ON, Canada