Compliance & Manufacturing Engineer
Canada, Región Metropolitana de Santiago, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||11 Apr, 2019||Not Specified||12 Jan, 2019||N/A||Positioning,Functional Safety,Row,Manufacturing,Electro Mechanical Design,Emc,Ul,Regulatory Standards,Aerospace,Interpersonal Skills,Test Procedures,Iso 26262,Test Fixtures,Directives,Regulatory Requirements||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
This job involves keeping abreast of regulatory and compliance standards of the markets served. It is to ensure products meet associated established safety measures. The position requires setting up the associated environmental tests with various approved vendors as well as proactively engaging engineering, production, QA and marketing groups on all aspects of regulations that may affect either product development or product marketing. The manufacturing responsibilities of this position involves working closely with engineering and production/QA to enhance manufacturability of the product as early as the design phase. It also includes establishing testing methods for finished products, validating vendors, optimizing associated production labour, ensuring development standard is followed such as documentation, design reviews and validity testing. It is also responsible for the overall process improvement for transition from R&D to production.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Degree in Electrical Engineering with a strong interest in electro-mechanical design
- 8+ years experience in product life cycle management, manufacturing & compliance
- Experience in direct purchasing/procurement and vendor selection and negotiations
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing test procedures, designing and prototyping test fixtures for testing and exercising various products.
- Expertise in various compliance and regulatory standards for positioning and mapping equipments for various markets such as Land, Rail,
- Marine, Airborne, and Autonomous
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and directives for markets in North America, Europe, Asia and ROW as well as regulatory bodies and required markings such as CE, RED, ICES, FCC…etc.
- Experience with various regulatory Testing Standards including but not limited to RTCA-DO-160, RoHS (EN 50581), Ingress Testing (EN 60529), Safety testing (EN-60950 and EN-61010), EMC (EN-55022, EN-55024, EN-61326) And Road Vehicles functional safety ( ISO-26262).
- Experience dealing with various NRTLs, such as TÜV, CSA, UL…etc.
- Experience with using and/or configuring MRP systems is an asset
- Experience working in similar industry as Applanix is an asset (Aerospace, Precise Positioning, Geospatial, GIS)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a Team player
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ensures the products meet all electrical, mechanical, thermal, emission and safety standards required by the product specification and the markets including country specific requirements
- Schedules and oversees certification testing of products
- Ensure all in-house processes and documentation meet all necessary regulatory requirements
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and safety standards of regional requirements and educates internal stakeholders of implications of changing regulations
- Ensure products are tested for the proper category for each of the vertical markets
- Update and maintain certification information about components and products in MRP system
- Liaison between Applanix and other Trimble divisions on Compliance & Regulatory exchange
- Ensures product labelling and documentation adheres to associated compliance
- Understands the rational of the design chosen by the engineering team, explains the critical inspection points to the QA/QC team and defends this design from unintended changes by the Production department. This is an ongoing activity.
- At the preliminary design review stage, works with the Engineering department to optimize the design for: ease of manufacture, lowering purchasing cost, ease of assembly and ease of future servicing/replacement.
- Works with the Engineering department to verify that the documentation package is complete and accurate before transfers to Production.
- Works with the QA/QC department to give engineering approval to inspection procedures (for incoming parts, assembly and test techniques where applicable, and final product testing and packaging).
- Works with Purchasing/Procurement to recommend candidate vendors, distributors and/or manufacturers and helps assess their quotations.
- Provides input to Production/Purchasing on cost/quality/supply-chain trade-off analysis as required.
- Maintains product BOMs in Navision with input from the respective Development Manager.
- Checks proactively on obsolescence issues and provides recommendation, especially for components that may affect certification status
- Coordinates the Product end-of-support process with input from the respective Development Manager and with input from the Customer Support team. Ensures that unused stock of obsolete parts is handled appropriately.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D