at Independent Clinical Services
London, England, United Kingdom - WC1X 8HB
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||30 Dec, 2020||GBP 20000 Annual||30 Sep, 2020||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
ICS Group is a unique healthcare solutions platform with an integrated specialised staffing and healthcare services offering combining deep clinical expertise, digital capabilities, technology and analytics.
Part of the ICS Group, Bank partners are just one of our many established brands.
Bank Partners provide high quality independent staffing, bank management and outsourced staffing services to some of the largest trusts in the NHS. We have a strong reputation for reducing overall agency spend whilst providing high quality staff and are proud to say that we’ve helped NHS trusts reduce their agency spend by £70 million over a six year period.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, 25 days holiday which increases with years of service, company pension scheme, season travel ticket loan, holiday incentives abroad and awards for excellent performance alongside the opportunity to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels. If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of a key business function, where you can push your career forward in a company that continues to grow year on year, then contact us now with your current CV to apply.
The ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Providing excellent customer service, guiding candidates through the compliance and onboarding process
- Ensuring the candidate database is updated and accurate
- Ensuring candidate files are maintained and compliant with up to date documents which include ID, proof of address, qualifications, referencing, training and occupational health
- Supporting the recruitment team with any candidate documentation that may be required
- Dealing with general administrative and customer service-related queries day to day
WE BELIEVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL WITHIN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to multitask
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise
- A solution-focused attitude
- Be a strong team player
HR / Administration / IR
London, United Kingdom