at Western Mass Credit Corp
Wilbraham, Massachusetts, USA - 01095
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||02 Nov, 2020||Not Specified||04 Jul, 2020||10 year(s) or above||Writing,Performance Improvement,Regulations||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Compliance Officer establishes and implements an effective compliance program to prevent ille- gal, unethical, or improper conduct. The Compliance Officer acts as staff to the CEO and Governing Board by monitoring and reporting results of the compliance and ethics efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the Board and senior management team on matters relating to compliance. The Corporate Compliance Officer, together with the Compliance Committee, is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program.
- Education: Bachelorís degree required; masterís desired
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years experience in a healthcare organization
- Skills: Demonstrated leadership ability Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Knowledge: Familiarity with healthcare laws, regulations, and standards. Understanding of coding and reimbursement systems, risk management, and performance improvement helpful.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance pro- gram and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments (for example, Human Resources, Chief Security Officer, Health Information Management Director, and so on) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Consults with General Counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, keeps the Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropri- ate or required.
- Establishes and provides direction and management of the compliance hotline.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting: (a) use of the compliance hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Wilbraham, MA, USA