Construction Senior Estimator
at Walsh Construction Co
Seattle, Washington, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||12 Nov, 2020||Not Specified||12 Aug, 2020||5 year(s) or above||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
As employees of WALSH Construction Co., we are builders. We are made up of a diverse group of individuals who are committed to building in the communities in which we live and work.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Estimator for our Seattle, Washington office who will bring a thorough working knowledge of wood frame and concrete multi-family and commercial construction as related to all disciplines and phases of construction. This individual will have a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in various types and phases of new construction and rehabilitation, including concrete, masonry, steel, wood frame, MEP systems exterior and interior finishes.
YOU ARE QUALIFIED IF:
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent specializing in Civil Engineering/Construction Management.
- A minimum of five years previous experience in building construction required.
- Field experience preferred.
- You are a self-motivated, self-starter, who demonstrates the ability to manage time effectively.
- You are a life-long learner looking to grow your knowledge and skills.
- You are able to work with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and WALSH Project Managers.
- You are highly organized, efficient, detail oriented and accurate.
- You possess strong leadership, communication and people skills.
- You have strong computer skills in Excel, Project, Outlook, Word, Databases and estimating programs.
- You are able to read and interpret drawings.
- You possess the ability to communicate technical information in writing.
- You are capable of synthesizing cost data from a wide range of sources into a conceptual estimate.
- You possess the ability to anticipate and account for potential quality, safety, productivity and schedule implications in the production of the estimate.
Walsh Construction Co. values our diverse communities and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. WALSH recruits, hires, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans’ status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status unrelated to a particular job’s requirements or an individual’s performance and qualifications
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Perform quantity take-offs, pricing, and bidding of commercial construction projects.
- Solicit and develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Price subcontractor, supplier and self-performed scopes of work.
- Execute accurate, detailed and complete conceptual, preliminary and contract estimates.
- Produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Produce detailed final contract estimates.
- Assess site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze, cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Assist in bid strategy and estimate presentation.
- Identify constructability issues through the estimating process.
- Identify value-engineering alternatives.
- Lead the project team through the estimating process.
- Tracks and documents historical data for future estimate use.
Site Engineering / Project Management
Civil engineering/construction management
Seattle, WA, USA