Consultant, Risk Analytics and Compliance, HFS
at Northern Trust Corp
Chicago, Illinois, USA - 60603
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||21 Feb, 2022||Not Specified||24 Nov, 2021||3 year(s) or above||Bloomberg,Python,Interpersonal Skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Job Description: Risk Analytics and Compliance Consultant
Department: HFS Risk Analytics and Compliance
Summary: As a member of the HFS Risk Analytics and Compliance team, the individual will support daily production and delivery of various portfolio risk, compliance analytics and performance returns to our clients, as well as assist with development initiatives, process automation, and strategic projects across HFS Middle Office. The position requires a strong background in middle office operations, compliance, market risk, and/or regulatory reporting.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS):
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience within a Quantitative or Financial Services domain
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with large data sets – strong Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of financial products and portfolio management concepts.
- Familiarity with Python a plus.
- Experience analyzing business risks and operational processes.
- Ability to think creatively about business issues, strong problem solving skills.
- Strong numerate or finance degree (ie: Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Finance, Economics).
- Adaptive, flexible style - able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Daily support and production of Risk Analytics, Portfolio Compliance, Performance deliverables
- Analysis of portfolio market risk - including scenario analysis, stress testing, and value at risk
- Monitoring of portfolios against mandated investment guidelines such as exposure, liquidity, risk, permitted and sin lists.
- Monitoring of portfolios against regulatory and exchange limits.
- Monitor and reconcile performance returns against internal and external systems
- Working with clients to understand development requests and coordinate builds with IT.
- Quality control large sets of market data and model results using analytical tools
- Assist in tactical design for strategic projects.
- Proactively work on improving current processes across all clients.
- Establish connectivity with third party vendors to source referential data required for client deliverables.
- Assist in implementation and onboarding of clients onto the PAC service through active participation in discovery sessions, solutioning, and documentation of procedures.
- Lead in defining business side requirements for client deliverables and working with technical team members to implement design.
- Define and lead testing of new development functionality for PAC User Interface with Omnium development team.
- Communicate new PAC User Interface functionality to clients upon being released
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Math
Chicago, IL, USA