Contracts and Compliance Specialist
at City of Sacramento
Sacramento, California, USA - 95814
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||25 Jan, 2020||USD 99986 Annual||25 Oct, 2019||4 year(s) or above||Public Administration,Contract Negotiation,Technical Analysis,Software,Solicitation,Writing,Negotiation,Data Collection,Written Communication,Regulations||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Department of Finance, Procurement Services Division, is seeking a Contracts and Compliance Specialist to perform and be responsible for duties related to contract administration and compliance; act as a primary contact, troubleshoot and test all aspects of the automated purchasing system; develop and maintain printed procedures for all automated processes; train and assist staff on the automated processes and purchasing systems; manage helpdesk requests while minimizing downtime work with other departments and divisions to facilitate seamless automated business process integrations; implement all purchasing system upgrades and patches; attend advanced purchasing system related trainings; and manage complex citywide contracts and purchasing programs with competing priorities.
- State, federal, and local labor and/or contracting laws, policies, and procedures.
- State and federal funding programs and procedures.
- Principles of organization, administration, and project management.
- Administrative research techniques and data collection and evaluation methods.
- Principles of technical analysis and report writing.
- Competitive bid practices and procedures.
- Methods used in evaluating vendor capability and performance.
- Public speaking.
- Oral and written communication.
- Public contracting practices.
- Contract negotiation, administration, and monitoring.
- Basic computer applications and software.
- Developing/writing policies and procedures.
- Provide expert/lead person guidance to professional/support staff.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently and cooperatively across departmental lines.
- Prepare concise and clear oral and written reports and contract documents.
- Analyze situations and develop effective solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Understand, interpret, and apply complex rules and regulations.
- Collect, organize, and evaluate information.
- Identify alternate solutions and project consequences of decisions and recommendations.
Four years of professional-level administrative experience, including responsibility for contract preparation, solicitation, and negotiation. Public sector administrative experience including responsibility for contract preparation, solicitation, and negotiation is preferred.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in business, public administration or a closely related field.
PROOF OF EDUCATION
Proof of education such as, but not limited to, college transcripts and degrees must be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office in person, as an attachment(s) to the online application, faxed to (916) 596-1556, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the final filing deadline. If submitting in person or via fax/email, please include your name and Job # 001280-19-FIN on your documents. Unofficial documents and/or copies are acceptable.
An applicant with a college degree obtained outside the United States must have education records evaluated by a credentials evaluation service. This evaluation must be submitted by the final filing deadline.
- Plan, prepare, administer, and monitor contracts, professional service agreements, master service agreements, memorandums of understanding (MOU), and cooperative agreements.
- Act as the departmental compliance officer to ensure that all contracts and agreements conform to federal, state, local, and other laws, regulations, rules, directives, and procedures.
- Review and process project pay request applications; review and ensure the accuracy of certified payroll records and initial labor compliance submissions for construction projects.
- Interpret and disseminate state, federal, and local regulations; act as the liaison with other government agencies regarding contract and labor compliance issues to ensure consistent receipt and dissemination of information; review pending legislation for impact on City project delivery and/or contracting practices.
- Prepare and advertise requests for proposals/qualifications for professional services and bid packages; analyzes bids for responsiveness, project participation requirements, and determination of lowest bidder.
- Coordinate, hear, and resolve complaints, claims, and protests related to contract and other agreements.
- Develop, prepare, and present written and oral utilization, demographic, and/or program reports.
- Conduct independent research and analysis of complex programs, regulations, directives, and policy issues to prepare recommendations to management.
- Maintain statistical information.
- Respond to requests for information from the public.
- Provide exceptional customer service to those contacted during the course of work.
- Other related duties may also be performed; not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual holding this classification.
HR / Administration / IR
Business public administration or a closely related field
Sacramento, CA, USA