Controls Project Manager
at Trane Technologies
Austin, Texas, USA - 78758
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||28 Dec, 2021||Not Specified||30 Sep, 2021||3 year(s) or above||Building Owners,Consideration,Traffic Violations,Hvac Controls,Color||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane Technologies is hiring a Controls Project Manager in Austin, TX. As a Controls Project Manager, you will be responsible for project financials, administration, implementation, management, and customer satisfaction for all assigned projects within the Commercial HVAC Controls / Building Automation space. You will lead the project team through all facets of the project and is established as the point of contact for all stakeholders. The portfolio of projects will contain multi-building or complex controls projects.
- Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Project Management Degree a plus
- Combination of degree and/or 3-5 years’ experience in the field of HVAC Controls and Project Management
- Proficient at resource / manpower planning
- Experience in leading teams comprised of different technical skill levels
- Experience working with building owners is preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Support sales functions by assisting with quote preparation and proposals
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Support customer satisfaction initiatives by building customer relationships, investigating concerns, implementing corrective actions, developing communication plans with internal and external stakeholders to communicate project status
- Create and maintain project schedules generating task, dependencies, milestones, critical path, ability to identify future looking planning needs and resource constraints
- Leads all aspects of project administration including, responsibility for understanding contract clauses, knowledge and risk mitigation of construction contract content language, validating project scope / cost / schedule, managing project compliance, project documentation, project safety guidelines, development and maintenance on project schedules, participating in pre-bid validation meetings, holding internal meetings, and establishing customer expectations,
- Financially manages all aspects of projects including cash flow, monthly forecasted cost / revenue, forecasted cost at completion, monitoring expenses, collections support, preparing and facilitating monthly project reviews, applied cost, buy-out plans, analyzes reporting to identify project deficiencies and provides guidance on corrective action, and knowledgeable on financial impacts when adjusting cost categories.
- Collaborate with technicians, team leads, and other PMs to establish project task, schedule requirements, communications for project progress, and review of plans / specifications and control submittals.
- Utilizes properly qualified subcontractors, oversees subcontractor RFQ process, awards subcontracts, manages subcontractor execution, collaborate with subcontractors to establish communication guidelines for project progress, project meetings, billing expectations, project safety and foster professional relationships with subcontractors.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Site Engineering / Project Management
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Engineering, Management
Austin, TX, USA