Coord., Data Governance & Security
at Region 4 Education Service Center
Houston, Texas, USA - 77092
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||31 Aug, 2024||USD 93519 Annual||17 Feb, 2022||5 year(s) or above||Data Warehouse,Documentation,Azure,Technology,Information Management,Iso,Nist,Data Architecture,Written Communication,Cloud Security,Reporting,Assessment,Aws,Cloud,Presentations,Information Security,Data Quality,Protection,Third Party Vendors,Vendors||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
This position is fully grant-funded with a grant end date of August 31, 2024.
Title: Coordinator, Data Governance and Security – Texas Education Exchange
Exemption Status: Exempt
Job Grade: 6
Department: Business and Operations Solutions
Reports To: Director
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Management, or related field
- 7+ years related work experience in the area of large-scale data or project management
and oversight experience
- 5+ years related work experience on data governance practices, business and technology
issues related to management of information assets and approaches related to data
- 5+ years related experience assessing and measuring IT security solutions, preferably in a
cloud environment (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Familiarity in industry standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements
related to information security and cloud computing such as GDPR, ISO 27001, Cloud
Security Alliance, NIST 800-53, etc.
- Knowledge of operational, support, and security challenges associated with providing a
Platform-as-a-Service (P-a-a-S) that utilizes cloud computing.
- Knowledge of risk management and applicable data architecture and technology
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication across internal teams and external
- Excellent analytical ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders on matters related to data
governance and cloud security during the development and implementation of the Texas
- Coordinate and strategically plan with department director and Texas Education
Exchange Manager to meet the goals and objectives of the grant requirements for Region
4, Texas Education Agency, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Michael and
Susan Dell Foundation.
- Establish and govern a data governance implementation roadmap including strategic
priorities during the development and implementation of the Texas Education Exchange.
- Rolls out a data governance framework with a focus on interoperability, improvement of
data quality, and the protection of sensitive data through clear organization behavior
policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, end user license
agreements, related tools and data architecture.
- Serves as a liaison for the Texas Education Exchange to third party vendors and strategic
partners to ensure that data-related requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly
defined, communicated, and well understood.
- Identify, evaluate, and communicate cloud-related risks and vulnerabilities, and propose
- Participate in assessment of existing and proposed cloud infrastructure for the Texas
Education Exchange, data warehouse, and operational data store, related to strategic
partners, vendors, and providers.
- Coordinate with the department director in developing agenda, presentations, and
documentation for statewide committee meetings and grant reporting.
- Collaborate with a business and data analyst to provide guidance and assistance in the
development of system architecture and data components.
- Contribute to the analysis of the effectiveness of the Texas Education Exchange’s efforts.
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline and improve program services.
- Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable state grant that
funds this position.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
IT Software - Other
Computer science mis information management or related field
Houston, TX, USA