Australia, , Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||17 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||19 Aug, 2020||3 year(s) or above||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
WHO YOU ARE?
A technologist & mathematician. You apply your technical prowess and mathematical expertise to wrangle large amounts of data to gain insights into challenging business problems.
A self-starter. You work well with little direction and seek out how you can add value to the business.
Innovative. You love to question current ways of working and relish the opportunity to develop and present data-driven improvements that create greater value to the business.
An amazing problem solver. You don’t shy away from challenges and can come up with innovative and elegant solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sherpa’s mission is to change the way retailers execute their last mile fulfilment – driven by our industry-leading technology and customer-centric approach. Our intuitive delivery and fleet management tools, easy to-use booking platform and one Australia’s largest fleets of crowd-sourced drivers, boasts a unique solution that offers unprecedented flexibility for businesses big and small.
Our leading Last Mile Logistics SaaS platform is currently searching for a Data Scientist to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, develop dynamic and regularly evaluate alternate pricing models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collaborate with product management and sales departments to understand company needs and devise key solutions
- Leverage technology to enhance existing reporting to deliver insightful and reliable data to key stakeholders through simplified presentations
- Be our Continuous Improvement champion, staying close to latest systems so that opportunities for streamlining reporting and time saving simplification can be rolled out across National Finance
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive tangible business outcomes
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information / insights from business partners and be able to manage competing priorities. Use your initiative to swiftly resolve requests
IT Software - Other
Computer Science, Mathematics