Depot Supervisor Croydon
Croydon, England, United Kingdom - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||12 Dec, 2020||GBP 26000 Annual||12 Sep, 2020||N/A||Teams,Email||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health & Safety
- Team Briefings on a daily/weekly basis
- Engagement activities
- Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role
- Management of teams
- Awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing environments
- Knowledge of transport legislation and legal compliance of vehicles
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
A BIT ABOUT US
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work closely with our site Depot Manager, on a daily basis to make sure that our Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will be the main point of contact for our Self Employed Drivers and be responsible for the effective management of the transhipping and delivery of appliances
Shifts - 4 on 4 off 40.25 hours per week Days shifts
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO BE DOING
Our Outbase Supervisor will oversee the operation including our team of Drivers and fleet of vehicles. You will live each of our values in everything you do will be an ambassador for customer care and delivery quality. You will supervise the loading and unloading of products, your aim to make sure every product is ready for delivery in first class condition to each of our customer’s. You will ensure all of our vehicles are road worthy, legal and compliant and you will work alongside our Quality & People and Development team to ensure your outbase is supported and maintains our company values. Your daily tasks will include:
- Completing in-house reports to provide data required by the Regional Manager and Head Office on a daily basis.
- Checking that all vehicles leaving the Outbase are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Ensure that all Employees are complying with the training that they have recieved to provide a safe working environment for everyone
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Communicate with our Self Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads.
Purchase / Logistics / Supply Chain
Croydon, United Kingdom