Dundas, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||23 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||23 Sep, 2020||1 year(s) or above||English,Heavy Lifting,Safety Practices||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
DIETARY AIDE (PERMANENT PART-TIME) – BLACKADAR CONTINUING CARE CENTRE
This position is available at a home/community affiliated with Extendicare Inc. The successful candidate would be employed directly by the affiliated home, not Extendicare Inc.
Candidates are invited to apply for the above position to work at Blackadar Continuing Care Centre, a 80-bed long-term care facility, located in the small town of Dundas Ontario (Hamilton).
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide assists with food preparation and serving of meals. Cleans eating, cooking, storage, and serving areas, as well as equipment. Follows established policies, procedures and standards.
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Act required. If enrolled, must complete program within three (3) years of hire date.
- Previous dietary experience preferred in LTC Home 0-1 year(s).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables and fruits. Follows basic instructions in preparing such simple foods as breakfast items, basic desserts and garnishes.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Dundas, ON, Canada