Director Community Banking, Canadian Banking
Toronto, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||01 Nov, 2022||Not Specified||01 Aug, 2022||5 year(s) or above||Communication Skills,Capital Markets,Investment Banking,Collaborative Networks,Wealth Management,Private Banking,Commercial Banking,Management Skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Requisition ID: 158571
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
o Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
o Provides strategic leadership to establish and nurture Scotiabank’s Not-for-Profit business portfolio by:
- having thorough knowledge of the Not-for-Profit sector’s banking characteristics and needs
- working collaboratively with the Social Impact, Sponsorship, and Wealth Management Philanthropic Advisory Services’ teams to identify, evaluate, and establish new business opportunities, relationships, and partnerships
- growing profitable market share, while optimizing the rate of return on investment
- identifying relevant topics to promote the bank’s interest in this area and working with internal partners to create relevant content including economic reports, webinars, and networking events
- being the subject matter expert and champion for Not-for-Profit banking, demonstrating knowledge of and passion for the sector and working with community organizations and those serving equity-deserving groups.
o Lead, drive and monitor progress to ensure that strategic goals, including sales goals and other KPIs are being met to advance the Not-for-Profit portfolio.
o Define distribution strategies and support development of the Not-for-Profit business sector by:
- ensuring Canadian Business Banking and other identified stakeholders have defined roles and expectations and are collaborating effectively to achieve business goals
- evaluating external research and field observation and developing strategies to capitalize on findings
- developing and sustaining disciplined sales and service management standards
- leading the development of reporting to assist with sales management and coaching
o Guide and support product, policy, and process enhancements by:
- collaborating directly internal partners, including Global Business Payments and Global Risk Management to enable the effective support of Not-for-Profits, with the necessary internal communication, training, promotional tactics and materials, selling techniques, and lending practices to ensure business and customer goals are achieved
- keeping abreast of competitor positions and changing market conditions
- acquiring and providing feedback on the bank’s products, services, and processes for this market segment
- establishing familiarity with the Benevity system to review funding requests that may impact business relationships with Not-for-Profit clients or prospects
o Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
o Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
o Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / OTHER INFORMATION:
- Post-secondary education - University degree/College diploma in Business or relevant work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of banking experience
- Must have a broad understanding of banking services
- Preference will be given to candidate with experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative networks of strategic contacts within the not-for-profit sector to further both short- and longer-term business interests
- Ability to understand the not-for-profit sector’s business model and champion and support their needs within the Bank’s risk appetite
- Strong sales management skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with varied audiences
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as required
- Ability to travel within Canada as required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
As a community leader, the Director Community Banking is responsible for growing and supporting the profitability of the Not-for-Profit market segment, making Scotiabank a thought leader on matters related to growth of the Not-for-Profit business portfolio. This is accomplished by providing strategic direction, leadership, and oversight for Not-for-Profit banking in Canada ensuring business development strategies, plans, and initiatives are established and coordinated across Canadian Business Banking with collaboration as appropriate with Small Business, Wealth Management (including Jarislowsky Fraser) and Global Banking and Markets (ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. Liaises with Scotia RISE and Community Sponsorship teams).
This role has a National scope and at this time is an individual contributor position.
Banking / Insurance
Business or relevant work experience
Toronto, ON, Canada