at US Department of the Navy
San Diego, California, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||16 Dec, 2020||USD 93128 Annual||16 Sep, 2020||1 year(s) or above||Soil Mechanics,Heat Transfer,Physics,Geology,Addition,Architecture,Technology,Academic Achievement,Maintenance,Optics,Hydraulics,Circuits,It,Materials,Licensure,Public Sector,Personnel Management,Hydrology,Training,Mathematics,Mechanical Systems,Pe||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
You will serve as an Engineer in the Southern California (SOCAL) Fleet Operational Readiness Division (Code 25) of Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Keyport ( NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV KEYPORT WA).
In addition to the basic requirements for the series, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower level ND-02 (GS 05-08 equivalency) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector as a professional Engineer identifying engineering systems (i.e mechanical, electronic, and electro-mechanical systems) problem areas to develop maintenance, supportability, or operation improvement plans.
Applicants may substitute the following education for the required experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
* Education may be substituted for specialized experience as follows:
- Have successfully completed a 5 year program of study of at least 160 semester hours leading to a bachelor’s degree in engineering and have one year of appropriate professional experience that required and was characterized by 1) professional knowledge of engineering, 2) professional ability to apply such knowledge to engineering problems, and 3) positive and continuing development of professional knowledge and ability; OR
- Have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree with superior academic achievement and I have one year of professional engineering experience that required and was characterized by 1) professional knowledge of engineering, 2) professional ability to apply such knowledge to engineering problems, and 3) positive and continuing development of professional knowledge and ability;OR
- A master’s or equivalent graduate degree; OR
- Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s or equivalent graduate degree; OR
- Have successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree; OR
- A combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series AND https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/files/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800.pdf
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following basic education requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual:
Successful completion of a professional engineering degree. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration For more information about EI and EIT registration requirements, please visit the National Society of Professional Engineers website at: http://www.nspe.org
Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico The FE examination is not administered by the U. S. Office of Personnel Management. For more information, please visit: http://www.nspe.org/Licensure/HowtoGetLicensed/index.html.
Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A (above). The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A (above)
Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least one year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily, there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.
Applicants may substitute the following education for the required experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position:
IF YOU ARE RELYING ON YOUR EDUCATION TO MEET QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- You will develop and revise processes and procedures for assigned underwater vehicles and/or anti-submarine warfare (ASW) training targets (e.g., MK30 ASW mobile underwater targets) or similar systems.
- You will determine failure modes of the system and its components.
- You will develop and maintain bills of material.
- You will troubleshoot and re-test methods.
- You will conduct preventative and corrective maintenance.
- You will assess, improve, and maintain the skills of technicians and work with supervisors on those skill sets.
- You will demonstrate, and lead compliance efforts with the NAVSEA Engineering Technical Authority Manual, technical authority program, roles, and responsibilities.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
San Diego, CA, USA