at Raytheon Company
El Segundo, California, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||23 Jan, 2020||Not Specified||24 Oct, 2019||12 year(s) or above||Technical Presentations,Communication Skills,Operational Testing,Technical Leadership,Defense,Decision Making,Proposal Preparation,Physics,Publications,Systems Engineering,Product Life Cycle,Manufacturing,Ssbi,White Papers,Business Capture||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Center is seeking strategic technical leaders passionate about effective application of principled Systems Engineering to deliver world-class sensor product technologies and solutions to our commercial and defense customers. Applicants must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness; and will apply and develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts and is viewed within the company and the customer community as an expert in the Radar technologies.
The Engineering Fellow will assume a key leadership and advisory role to the Engineering organization and will have frequent interaction with program customers. Additionally, the Engineering Fellow will need to be cognizant of business execution as they craft the Radar technical roadmaps that align with the organization’s strategic direction.
In addition to deep technical expertise, the successful candidate for this role must exhibit fine-tuned communication and presentation skills to interface with senior level executives at Raytheon and with its customers. The Engineering Fellow will also lead proposals, shape customer solicitations, and represent Raytheon in industry forums.
The Engineering Fellow demonstrates an ability to identify and understand technology risks and defines event driven evaluations of airborne radar systems supporting technical maturation and risk burn-down. The Fellow applies career experiences to architect Test and Evaluation events and environments that efficiently and effectively leverage simulations, test beds, and prototypes, to satisfy development, and qualification objectives. The Fellow is capable of specifying requirements for capital, contract, and government assets to define development environments, System Integration Labs (SILs) and STE needed for execution of programs, production, and key events (e.g. TRR). A forward thinker, looking to improve efficiency, increase reuse, and drive common solutions. The individual is a recognized advocate and practitioner of robust design practices enabling rapid integration through application of test-centric design. Steers requirement flow down and iterative error analyses supporting well defined test with cost-effective system integration and test environments. The Fellow implements and drives for test verticality, traceability, and realistic efficient plans and processes moving products through the entire product life cycle.
The Engineering Fellow will possess career experience and demonstrate technical acumen in product technologies associated with complex Radar capabilities, such as electronically steered array (ESA) antennas, transmitters and receiver exciters (REXs), radar digital signal processing electronics, pointing and stabilization measurement instruments and control algorithms, and radar algorithm/mode techniques associated with Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI), and Radar Cross Section (RCS) estimation. Additionally, a robust System Engineering background with knowledge of radar architecture, modeling and simulation techniques, system analysis, and radar mode development is desired.
Organization, and strong communication skills are required for regular day to day face time with operations, chief engineers, department managers, and program managers to ensure proper support to the product line.
- Minimum of 12 years professional related work experience with Radar based products and/or technologies
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Systems Engineering, or related experience
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with development, environmental/qualification, manufacturing, depot/repair, and/or operational testing
- Demonstrated executive presence, strong written and oral communication skills, solid judgment, reasoning, and decision making abilities
- Advocate for the application of systems engineering across the entire product life cycle
- Experience with proposal preparation
- Must have Patents, Publications, and/or Technical Presentations to industry
- Mentoring and providing career development direction to junior engineers
- Must have an existing Active Secret and have ability to readily obtain Top Secret, SSBI, and special access security clearances
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Demonstrated technical leadership with new business capture/pursuit, including contribution and/or authoring of white papers, Request for Information (RFI) responses, and proposal Technical Volumes.
- Understanding of broader policies and organizations that govern the conduct of Test and Evaluation activities within the Department of Defense
- Master’s degree (MA, MS, MBA) in Engineering, Math, Physics or Sciences
- Advanced Degree (MS or PhD) in related technical discipline
Please refer the Job description for details
Engineering Design / R&D
Engineering math physics or sciences
El Segundo, CA, USA