Engineering Specialist, Quality
at Ford Motor Company Limited
Ohio, Ohio, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||08 Nov, 2022||Not Specified||08 Aug, 2022||N/A||Mobility,Excel,Microsoft Office,Green Belt,Powerpoint,Outlook,Manufacturing Engineering||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
JOB DESCRIPTION & QUALIFICATIONS
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WE SEEK:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 or more years’ experience in Microsoft Office to include, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
OUR PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field
- 2 or more years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Previous production supervision
Manufacturing Plants (MFG)
We’re seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our manufacturing process engineering activities. We’re looking to you to help us optimize our efforts in safety, quality and productivity. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to advance continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and products. You will:
Responsible for leading QOS (Quality Operating System) initiatives within the production department.
- Review with production team leaders and Process Coaches quality issues and be the point of contact with other departments such as Machining, Quality and MP&L.
- Coordinate during quality concerns containment actions, dock holds, special checks to eliminate any impact to customer.
- Keep traceability records regarding quality actions for future reference.
- Manage quality documentation on FTT (First Time Through), 8Ds, Scrap, Dock Holds, Dock Audit, etc.
- Participate in Quality and Contamination audits.
- Prepare standard reports for Quality reviews within the plant and with other areas.
- Review rejected parts for quality integrity and decide next steps. Issue daily Incoming Quality report.
- Lead cross-functional team initiatives in quality to achieve no faults forward / zero defects.
- Lead 8D resolution of Warranty and VO (Vehicle Operations) concerns working together with Quality, MP&L, Machining and VO.
- Contribute to Green and Black Belt project teams within the department.
- Document and control error proofing checks, internal checks, and additional containments.
- Participate in interplant benchmarking exercises.
- Apply engineering principles & analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
- Manage and direct statistical process control activities.
- Execute measurement systems analysis & variable data analysis.
- Establish and monitor quality target levels for each build.
- Provide input for design and assembly concepts which will yield nominal variations.
- Establish critical characteristics for gauging and measuring data collection methods.
- Determine inspection equipment and facility requirements.
- Able to flex schedule as needed.
Additional focus on Dimensional Control including:
- Use company and industry standard processes and tools to plan, design, manage, and utilize gauges for measurement of components and assemblies.
- Apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance principles.
- Interpret data from inspection equipment and recommend responses.
- Ensure calibrations; certification; and repeatability and reproducibility.
- Determine locators and measuring points.
- Verify tolerance/engineering specifications.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Production / Maintenance / Quality