Façade Design Engineer
at RJC Engineers
Toronto, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||02 Feb, 2022||Not Specified||02 Nov, 2021||3 year(s) or above||Therm,Autocad,3D,Glass,Steel Design,Aluminum||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Specializing in structural engineering, building science, structural restoration, structural glass engineering, parking facility design and building energy modelling, RJC Engineers (RJC) is one of Canada’s leading engineering firms. Recognized as an exceptional workplace, we mentor the next generation of Canada’s ‘best and brightest’ engineers and technologists. With offices and expertise across Canada, we challenge our people to push technical boundaries and provide leadership in our fields of practice, while providing services for clients and projects nationwide.
We believe in taking care of our people and help them realize their full potential. RJC offers the opportunity to work in an engaging team environment where you will work on exciting and challenging projects, discover new and developing technologies, practices and techniques and where you will flourish in a culture of continuous learning and collaboration. Working under the guidance of leading technical specialists who broadly share their expertise, you will get to fine tune your skills and cultivate your expertise while being given the opportunity to pursue your professional goals.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from accredited institution with a focus in Engineering or Architecture & Construction design.
- 3-5 years façade design experience required. Please include project examples in your application.
- Prior experience in the design and construction industry is required.
- Proficient using the following softwares: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino and Inventor.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team oriented environment.
- Strong façade system design aptitude and knowledge.
- Proficiency in 3D and 2D CAD modeling.
- Experience with glass, aluminum and steel design.
- Familiar with THERM and WUFI software.
- Curtain wall / glazing system fabrication and testing experience a plus.
- Project & team management experience a plus.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with project teams and clients in developing design documents (e.g.: plans, sections, details, technical specifications) at various project stages related to façade assemblies.
- Participate in all technical tasks related to building enclosures including strong understanding of structural, thermal and durability performance.
- Conduct structural analysis and design of façade systems with use of finite element analysis software.
- Prepare technical reports, develop technical presentations, and participate in the development of other technical content in conformance with established quality and professional standards and policies.
- Façade design review of shop drawings, and fabrication drawings for high-profile buildings.
- Strong understanding of constructability, building envelope principles, thermal performance and moisture and drainage strategies.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
Engineering or architecture construction design
Toronto, ON, Canada