Families In Schools - President/ CEO
at Envision Consulting
Los Angeles, California, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||28 Oct, 2020||Not Specified||29 Jul, 2020||N/A||Directors,Diverse Groups,Major Donors,Private Foundations,Operations||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
ABOUT FAMILIES IN SCHOOLS
The Families In Schools (FIS) mission is to involve parents and communities in their children’s education to achieve lifelong success. Driven by values for equity, empowerment and collaboration, Families In Schools strives to create strong family-school partnerships by delivering programs and training which build the skills, knowledge and confidence of both parents and staff on how to work together. Established in 2000 as the legacy organization of an education reform project, FIS is nationally recognized for its successful service model which aims to increase student outcomes through family engagement.
- Prior experience as an Executive Director, or member of the senior leadership team of a nonprofit organization with an annual operating budget greater than $1M.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in a related field, preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in progressively responsible roles within senior management positions.
- Experience working within education and a key understanding of the changing landscape, preferred.
- Demonstrated fundraising success with major donors, private foundations and institutional partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in risk management, with an emphasis on addressing strategic and financial implications.
- Demonstrated belief in and a commitment to continued professional growth and development of employees, volunteers and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to lead operations and collaborate with staff; work with diverse groups of people and a wide range of faiths, beliefs, ages, cultures, and experiences.
FIS seeks a President/CEO to represent the organization as it relates to educational partnerships, government advocacy and fund development. The President/CEO is responsible for the overall success of FIS with an operational budget of $1.7 million and a core staff of 15. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, strategist, and achiever with previous success in the areas of organizational growth, community outreach and strategic planning. Key areas of focus include the following:
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Los Angeles, CA, USA