Field Service Technician - Marseille
Marseille (13), Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||07 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||08 Sep, 2020||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Tesla Infrastructure team is looking to hire a Field Service Technician in Marseille, to provide diagnostic support during the installation and servicing of our energy storage products. This person will be travelling to sites as needed to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair issues at industrial facilities with cutting edge Tesla products that may be under construction or is already existing; knowledge of, and comfort with these types of facilities is a must. This person will also be responsible for developing the knowledge base to be used by both internal and external parties to troubleshoot issues. This person must have an engineering mind with a very hands on approach and a great customer and contractor interface. The work will require travel, sometimes on short notice, and may require extended trips; a get-it-done mentality for all of the situations is expected.
· Primary interface of our Network Operations Centres to authorized contractors who perform maintenance on Tesla’s stationary storage products.
· Oversee commissioning, service, testing, and verification actions performed by our service provider network, troubleshooting devices as well as entire industrial systems (Powerpacks). This will include guiding the work of construction trades such as electricians and professional disciplines such as engineers.
· Ensure service providers have access to the required hardware.
· Debug systems and perform remote diagnostics on field failures by reviewing data logged by energy storage devices.
· Develop processes and documentation for standard service actions.
· Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
· Provide technical support in order to minimize system downtime, through day-to-day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
· Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
· Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
· Continued development of the diagnostics knowledge base to be used for future troubleshooting.
· Travel to perform onsite root cause analysis.
· Availability for off-hours calls and work.
· BS degree in ME, EE, CS, Mechatronics or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· Minimum of 6+ years’ experience as development, diagnostics or field support engineer. Additional experience in construction trades preferred.
· Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with external service providers.
· Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/ his team and peers within the engineering organization.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French.
· Strong ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organization and documentation skills.
· Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
· Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments, CAN or similar protocol analysis.
· Skilled with common workplace and database software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.).
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
· Working knowledge in computer science (PERL, SQL, python, C++, MATLAB) and mechatronic fields.
· Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
· Experience in the energy industry preferred.
Type d’emploi : Temps plein
- electricien: 2 ans (Requis)
- English (Requis)
Please refer the Job description for details
Engineering Design / R&D
Marseille (13), France