Financial Analyst II
at Dept of Family Protectve Svc
Austin, Texas, USA - 78754
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||05 Nov, 2020||USD 7040 Monthly||06 Aug, 2020||2 year(s) or above||Budgeting,Databases,Operating Budgets,Cost Allocation,Sharepoint,Powerpoint,Financial Planning,Critical Thinking,Analytical Skills,Writing,Project Plans||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Financial Analyst II
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) is currently seeking a Financial Analyst for a full-time position within the IT Business Operations (ITBO) team of our IT Department to perform highly complex (senior-level) financial analysis work.
Work involves administering financial processes and systems; reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating financial data; preparing reports, making presentations, and responding to inquiries. EJF#1
Work also includes recommending and implementing appropriate actions for financial accounting and budget planning in the IT department. Works with ITBO director to determine and implement cost accounting and recovery methods and procedures. Has advanced skills using financial spreadsheets and other related software tools. Has working knowledge of the state Appropriations Bill. The mission of DFPS is to protect children, the elderly, and people with disabilities from abuse, neglect, and exploitation by involving clients, families, and communities. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm to get behind our mission of protecting those among us who are most in need. This position is classified as a full-time position (40 hours a week). Work outside of regular hours may be required. Travel to other Austin offices(s) may be required. May plan, assign, and/or coordinate the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use initiative and independent judgement.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS ABILITIES:
- Two to four years’ experience performing accounting, budgeting, financial planning, cost accounting, and cost recovery in a mid- to large-sized organization; with at least two years within an IT environment (and some experience in a non-profit or public-sector organization).
- Skill in communicating verbally and in writing, including preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence regarding financial analysis results.
- Experience with state Appropriations Bill and Legislative Appropriations Request and state operating budgets.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems and resource and time tracking databases.
- Documented experience performing cost allocation; developing long-term budget plans; and developing methodologies for costing initiatives or projects.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and summarize financial and management records for accuracy and conformance to standards.
- Ability to provide accurate and fact-based supporting documentation.
- Ability to document policies, procedures, and processes.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with experience in estimating resource needs for projects.
- Strong skills in monitoring projects, and establishing measurement and tracking tools for project resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to any level of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, critical thinking and analytical skills related to project plans, resource assignments, and project risks and gaps.
- Knowledge of the state requirements IT procurements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience supervising or leading project or work teams is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and MS Word, with strong skills in SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Prefer Master’s Degree, CPA or CMA certification.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
Please refer the Job description for details
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Austin, TX, USA