Financial Analyst II
at Truliant Federal Credit Union
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - 27103
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||19 Nov, 2020||Not Specified||19 Aug, 2020||1 year(s) or above||Access,Communication Skills,Visual Basic,Sql,Financial Services,Financial Reporting,Project Management Skills,English,Finance,Microsoft Project,Software||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must possess sound understanding of generally accepted accounting procedures and concepts
- Must be able to perform, interpret, and analyze financial information
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must demonstrate high level skills in MS Excel, and MS Access
- Must have project management skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Proficient in reporting software required; MPC preferred
- Database skills required, with working knowledge of Access, Visual Basic, and SQL preferred
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the credit union
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent reasoning abilities and sound judgment required
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must have ability to generate and analyze research data including a advanced knowledge of appropriate financial analysis techniques
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required, or a minimum of 5 years experience which comparable knowledge and abilities; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in financial reporting required
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in functional cost and profitability required, preferably in financial services
- Working knowledge of Asset liability management tools and concepts
- Exposure to non-accounting functions, financial products and services and their relationship to accounting preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of the financial industry required
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Financial Analyst II applies principles of accounting to analyze past and present financial operations, and estimates future revenues and expenditures. The Financial Analyst II performs complex budgetary functions, conducts financial, statistical, and analytical studies; prepares financial reports, statements, and partners with managers of the Credit Union on variance analysis and profitability analysis including Branch, Product, and Member; assists in strategic performance metrics and assists in the creation of Credit Union Scorecard.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs complex accounting functions for organization; creates, analyzes, and maintains chart of accounts and assigns codes in accordance with internal policies.
- Prepares month-end documents and analysis assists with month-end close procedures.
- Assists with creation of reports for asset liability management.
- Performs periodic review of financial reports and verifies accuracy and fiscal solvency.
- Assists with the development of budgets for the organization.
- Provides information and assists staff and administrators in budget preparation.
- Performs statistical analysis of expense and income accounts and budgets.
- Monitors and evaluates budgetary line items for appropriateness to ensure fiscal solvency and accountability.
- Maintains communication with internal management and external regulators regarding financial matters.
- Prepares the NCUA 5300 (call report); meets with CFO, Controller, and Director of Financial Analysis and Risk to review updates to NCUA 5300 report.
- Prepares complex financial reports as mandated by our Senior Management Team, the Credit Union’s CUSO, and NCUA.
- Assists internal management in compiling data and interpreting legal reporting requirements and regulations.
- Creates and maintains statistical reports.
- Plans and monitors timelines to meet strict deadlines in internal and external reporting regulations.
- Reviews and verifies statistical and financial information including independent audit reports.
- Researches and analyzes financial data for internal management.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains files using database and spreadsheet programs; retrieves and organizes data into required reporting formats; collects, retrieves and organizes data to identify financial discrepancies and resolves management inquires; recommends solutions to staff ensuring that corrections or changes are implemented properly.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Serves as back-up to other team members as needed.
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Winston-Salem, NC, USA