Financial Analyst - REMOTE
at Ryder Inc
Baltimore, Maryland, USA - 21217
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||02 Nov, 2022||Not Specified||03 Aug, 2022||N/A||Financial Analysis,Color,Vice Presidents,Consideration,Travel,Interpersonal Skills,Drug Free Workplace,Finance,Operations||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Financial Analyst will provide financial and analytical support to Directors of Operations and their Direct Reports within Fleet Management Solutions under our Florida BU and Gulf Coast BU.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Must be skillful at problem solving, self motivated and able to prioritize work load
- Ability to think and plan in a proactive and innovative manner Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal guidance when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex financial / operational information to various levels to the organization, from Vice Presidents to shop Service Managers
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, finance, accounting or related field
- Four (4) years or more in Finance, Accounting or Operations preferred
Job Category: Financial Analysis
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Month-End Closing: To include journal entries as necessary to re-class revenue / expenses; explanations of variances vs. forecast / annual plan; general ledger research to ensure all possible billing opportunities are captured
- Operational Initiatives: Work closely with Director of Operations (DOO), Director of Sales (DOS) and Director of Rental (DOR) to identify and recommend opportunities for cost/productivity improvements
- Financial Planning & Analysis: To include forecasting, business planning and branch performance analysis
- Training: Provide financial training to Business Unit staff, including policies, procedures and financial tools
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance: Branch audits, as needed, to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Corporate: Act as Business Unit liaison with Ryder’s Shared Services Center and Ryder’s Corporate Accounting group
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Follow up with tracking / reporting / further recommendations
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Business administration finance accounting or related field
Baltimore, MD, USA