Food Service Assistant
at Providence Health and Services
Portland, Oregon, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||04 Feb, 2020||USD 17 Hourly||05 Nov, 2019||1 year(s) or above||English,Customer Service||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Providence is calling a Food Service Assistant 2 to Providence St Vincent Medical Center in Portland , Oregon. This is a part-time (24 hours per week), benefited, variable shift position.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Valid County Health Department Food Handlers Certificate or ServSafe Certification at time of hire
- Knowledge, skills and abilities, typically acquired through formal culinary arts programs, military, apprenticeship programs, or on the job training with 1 year experience in the Food and Nutrition Services industry
- Experience in working in a team environment with common goals
- Ability to read, speak, and understand English in order to communicate effectively with team and read recipes, menus, order tickets and food production records/guides
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- ServSafe certification within 1 year of employment
- 1 or more years of experience in customer service, patient interactions, and food service
- 6 months to 1 year of experience working on assembly line and delivering patient meal trays
- Experience in Healthcare or Dietary kitchen using therapeutic diets
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Food Service Attendant
Req ID: 23905
PATIENT MEAL DELIVERY ROLE:
- Provide attractive and nutritious meals to patients by timely and accurate delivery of meal trays directly to patients, when Patient Dining Host is unavailable and to Perinatal Patients (PSVMC).
- Anticipate patient needs at each meal delivery and assure meal expectations are met upon delivery.
UNIT SUPPLY CLERK ROLE:
- In conjunction with Storeroom Clerk, be responsible for assistance in receiving, inventory and storage of supplies.
- Be responsible for filling supply requisitions, developing delivery orders and accurately recording amounts sent to the Nutrition Services department from various areas of the Hospital.
- Provide courteous, friendly, accurate, and consistent food service to hospital employees, visitors, and physicians.
- Set up appealing presentation of meal and refreshment service for catered events.
- Assist in other areas as requested.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Valid county health department food handlers certificate or servsafe certification at time of hire
Portland, OR, USA