Food Services / Hospitality Manager
at Compass Group Canada
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||28 Jun, 2019||Not Specified||30 Mar, 2019||2 year(s) or above||Maintain excellent relationships with clients and customers.||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Now, if you were to come on board as our Food Services / Hospitality Manager, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
Overview: We are seeking a talented and dedicated individual who is as passionate about providing great dining and environmental management services at a campus style community. The location is multi-faceted, poised for growth and expansion. Our client is progressive, entrepreneurial and plays to win demanding an exceptional level of service. We are actively looking for a Manager of Hospitality Services who wants to be part of our exciting and dynamic team. Being a preferred employer, we retain the finest employees, set the highest standard for personal advancement, and focus our talents on one main goal - customer satisfaction.
To achieve our goals we need a person who can concentrate on employee and customer satisfaction and are driven by their “can-do” attitude. Exceptional communication skills are mandatory. This position is responsible to supervise and manage the staff and operations to ensure quality standards are met, exceeded and maintained in all areas including administration, staffing/scheduling, client/customer relations, production and knowledge of senior living systems for all aspects of the dining services.
- Ensuring all quality controls are met for every product served to Residents and Guests.
- Ordering of all products in accordance with Compass Groups buying specifications.
- Maintaining inventory control and reporting as per Compass Group fiscal schedule.
- Recruiting, hiring, orientation, appraising, coaching and discipline of all support service staff, in consultation with the HR Department, in accordance with Company and Government standards.
- Building and maintaining a strong Support Service Team.
- Implementation and control of a Food Safety Plan as well as HACCP, WHIMIS, and all WCB regulations for a safe work place.
- Liaising with the on-site client as required and / or as requested
- Train Support Service staff in daily duties as well as proper safety procedures as set by the client, company and Government regulations.
- Attend and be part of meetings as requested by client.
- Attend and be part of Resident Council as requested by the client.
- Ensure resident satisfaction through surveys, meal rounds and regular communication.
- Training and regular performance evaluations of all Support Service Staff.
- Maintain orderly and complete administrative and personnel files.
- Complete payroll, period summaries and sales reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attend functions, training seminars, and meetings as requested by the Company and/or client.
- Prepare menus for daily service as well as special functions.
- Maintain appropriate budgetary and cost controls.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of resident preferences and incorporate these preferences into service delivery.
- The Director must ensure the nutritional and therapeutic requirements of the residents are met through menu planning, the development of standardized recipes, use production sheets and any menu software programs.
- Monitoring and evaluating meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity of all meals and snacks.
- Facilitating ongoing communication with all stakeholders in the health care unit including administration, nursing, residents and their families.
- Develop and implement the process of a cleaning schedule for the food services departments, including maintenance and cleaning of kitchen equipment, general cleaning of the dining room and kitchen.
- Implement a good rotation policy for all food and paper products.
- Design and chair regular training in-services and staff meetings with the Support Services Team.
- Ensure site uniform policy is met
- Implement and manage the Quality Assurance program as outlined by the company and the client, including weekly and monthly audits.
- Ensure infection control procedures are utilized.
- Ensure occupational health and safety policies and procedures are followed and committee meetings are conducted.
- Provide regular operations reports to the District Manager.
- Liaise with Executive Chef as needed.
- Oversee any retail, guest meals and catering programs at the site.
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A minimum of two (2) years Hospitality Management experience and directing a team in a related field.
- Good standing in all required qualifications as stipulated by the client and Compass Group Canada.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Intermediate level of expertise with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients and customers.
- Strong problem solving, organization and coordination skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and supervisory abilities.
- Positive energetic personality.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group Canada. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada