Front Desk Receptionist/MOA
at Hillside Medical Centre
Ladysmith, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||20 Mar, 2020||USD 17 Hourly||21 Dec, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Communication Skills,Medical Terminology,Office Procedures,Customer Service||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Hillside Medical Centre is seeking individuals predisposed to working in a team environment in a fast paced Medical Clinic with six Physicians and a Nurse Practitioner. If you are a Medical Office Assistant with a professional demeanor, can work independently and are interested in joining our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
You will be responsible for answering a multi-line switchboard, greeting clients, typing/proofing medical correspondence, sorting mail, assisting couriers, keeping organized files, booking appointments and other administrative duties as required. Our office uses the latest technology of the EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system, and in your role you will use this system in managing the patient flow, medical records, lab/x-ray reports, prescriptions and consultations. Your main role will be covering the front desk duties as well as working as MOA as needed. Starting wage will depend on candidate’s experience/education.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate, or equivalent experience/education
- 1-2 years recent clinical medical office support experience
- Experience with EMR system is an asset
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of clinical policies, procedures and objectives.
- Working knowledge of community resources and agencies.
- Working knowledge of office procedures.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to perform basic medical tests and accurately assess and record results in a medical file.
- Ability to respond independently and effectively to emergent situations and effectively present health information to individuals.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain satisfactory work relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with coworkers, clients and staff from other agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of office equipment and computer software programs.
- Experience with EMR system or willingness to learn the system.
ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING CRIMINAL AND EDUCATION VERIFICATION.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.50 to $17.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
Please refer the Job description for details
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Ladysmith, BC, Canada