at National Film Board of Canada
Canada, Región Metropolitana de Santiago, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Combines the art of design with the art of programming in the creation of all NFB digital products produced internally and/or externally, including websites, applications and social media. Responsible for production design, UX and front end development. As part of the Digital Platforms (Products) team, ensure a consistent look and feel, clear and elegant user navigation and user experience, visual identity, and integration and optimization across all digital products.
- University degree in web design/development or multimedia arts, including graphic design, communication design, science, engineering or computer science or equivalent combination of work and educational experience.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in frontend development and software engineering.
- Excellent knowledge in developing responsive websites, applications and social media products.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience in WordPress or Drupal front end development and in managing WordPress websites, plug-ins and security updates.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect websites and apps to back-end services.
- Good knowledge of the principles underlying social media networks.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages (English and French).
Production Design, UI Design and UX
- Develops UI and UX documentation including wireframes, design comps, mock-ups or prototypes as needed for digital products.
- Production Design using look and feel from external Art Directors and NFB brand guidelines.
- Produces user interface elements and final graphics assets for websites, apps and social media channels.
- Ensures the technical feasibility of UI/UX documentation and participates in product QA testing.
Front End Development
- Develops responsive websites, and mobile, tablet, social media apps.
- Connect NFB digital products to APIs and internal systems.
Project Planning, Team Collaboration and Future Technology Planning
- As part of the Digital Platforms team, collaborates with other staff and external partners in the planning, development and implementation of new digital products; especially in the arena of user experience, user interfaces, industry standards and audience user habits.
- Identifies solutions for maintaining and improving current products.
- Checks cross-platform compatibility and ensures that the applicable institutional and international standards (W3C) are met.
- Researches commercially available code libraries and modules (external), upgrades them (internal), and develops code to customize them to meet the NFB’s needs.
- Keeps abreast of new trends in graphic arts and interactive design tools, and makes recommendations for their adoption at the NFB.
Graphic Design/Web Design
Web / Graphic Design / Visualiser
Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Design, multimedia, Design