Global Strategic Marketing Manager, Service
at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Remote, , Ireland - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||01 Nov, 2022||Not Specified||02 Aug, 2022||N/A||Electron Microscopy,Addition||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
This role sits within our Materials and Structural Analysis Division’s (MSD) global service team, which designs, commercializes and delivers a portfolio of classic and value-add service solutions to ensure customers achieve desired business outcomes and strengthen Thermo Fisher’s financial return.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- University degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or Marketing is required; MBA is desired
- Extensive experience in product and/or service marketing within B2B technology marketing role, preferably with a company providing highly technical solutions
- International Business experience preferred
- Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills and an ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to question the status quo/drive change successfully
- Demonstrated ability creating global plans and managing global projects that serve targeted markets in North America, Asia and Europe
- Able to work cross functionally at all levels with technical and commercial team members
- A demonstrated passion for putting customer needs at the center of business strategy
- Fluent in English
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 30% per annum on average
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS, THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRABLE:
- An understanding of the material sciences industry and technologies used for imaging and analysis at the nanoscale (focused ion beam, electron microscopy, etc.)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The Global Strategic Marketing Manager is a high-output marketing leadership role with responsibility to develop and manage the Material Science and Battery service portfolio for our Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD). This position owns development and implementation of the marketing plan and commercial roadmap. Working closely with the material science business, service sales, innovation, and field services teams, this role will inspire change and accelerate growth of digital service solutions. The role encompasses strategic, tactical, and operational elements.
This position is ideal for a candidate with both a strong marketing and technical background who has successfully developed and implemented targeted marketing programs for business-to-business technology markets and customers with complex buying cycles. Proven success developing and implementing global marketing plans desired, along with the ability to engage with others constructively, and manage relationships in a highly supportive culture.
We are offering this role as fully remote (work from home) based anywhere in Europe or east coast USA. Regular international travel will be required – up to 30% per annum – with regular visits to our Eindhoven, the Netherlands site.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop and implement the multi-year material science service growth roadmap
- Identify new service opportunities. Define market requirements and create financial business cases
- Collaborate with regional marketing and commercial teams to support the creation & execution of regional growth plans. Achieve contract booking and profitability targets
- Lead projects through the phase gate new service product development process and ensure a steady stream of new ideas move through the funnel
- Develop new service/contract T&Cs. Launch services in collaboration with the go-to-market manager and sales enablement team
- Provide sales training and communicate how-to-win
Marketing / Advertising / MR / PR
Business, Engineering, Marketing