Head Clinical Bioinformatics (m/f/d)
at Centogene Ag
Rostock, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||12 Oct, 2020||Not Specified||05 Jun, 2020||3 year(s) or above||Timelines,Ngs,Project Management Skills,Communication Skills,Human Genetics,Scientists||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
WELCOME AT CENTOGENE!
We are the experts in rare hereditary diseases. We know the genetic basis and the clinical phenotype of genetic disorders inside-out. Our platform is based on the world’s largest curated mutation database for rare diseases. We have an unrivaled global diagnostic footprint, and an unmatched ability to derive diagnostic solutions to accurately identify rare disease patients and accelerate the path to approval for new orphan drugs.
How do we do this? By bringing together more than 350 individuals from 45 different countries to transform clinical and genetic data into medical solutions for patients. We work together at our HQ in Rostock, Germany, and also at additional offices in Berlin and laboratory facilities in Cambridge MA. Our employees - medical experts, scientists, IT professionals, bioinformaticians, technicians, researchers, project managers, and many more - are all passionate about one thing: improving the lives of our patients.
Does this sound like you? If it does, we’d love to hear from you.
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A doctorate degree (with +3 years work experience) or Master degree (with +5 years work experience in the field) in Human Genetics or related field
- Proven experience in leading a team of scientists
- Broad experience with NGS dataset analysis, and report writing end-to-end
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills needed to work effectively in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic to challenge existing work-flows and to ensure continuous improvements of performance and well-being of the team
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills required.
- Ability to set priorities, meet timelines and company objectives.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Responsible for managing the Clinical Bioinformatics staff, supporting them in their daily tasks (analyzing NGS data)
- Provide leadership to a team of 10 bioinformaticians, structuring tasks and roles; increasing quality and efficiency
- Close collaboration with senior management to define targets; pro-actively drive further process improvement to reach targets
- Define requirements and communicate those to the responsible business analyst
- Prepare standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation for the internal workflows of the Medical Reporting team.
- Review and interpret the performance of the team
- Interact closely with other departments of the company for bioinformatics related software assessment, installation, configuration and customization
- Support medical team in the diagnosis process
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Human genetics or related field