Home Health Aide
at Brookdale Senior Living
Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA - 32701
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||26 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||27 Nov, 2019||N/A||Emergency Situations,English,Ged,Memos,Regulations,Instructions||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and minimum of one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred, but not required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with state law, may need to possess current state certifications and follow regulations to maintain current certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in English with residents, family members and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and seeks assistance when needed.
Under the supervision of a professional nurse, provides direct care to residents, which reflect Brookdale’s philosophy and standards of home health care. Assists in meeting the residents’ individual needs while treating the resident with respect and dignity.
- Assists residents with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting to and from activities and meals according to the resident care/service plan.
- Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Documents the delivery of quality care in the resident’s clinical record.
- Follows infection control and safety policies and guidelines.
- Implements resident care that is accurately, timely and appropriately documented; maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents.
- Performs general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords.
- Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and responsibility with effective communication that promotes a positive working relationship with residents, families, and co-workers.
- Identifies changes in resident status or needs and communicates to the nurse in a timely manner.
- Participates in educational programs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA