Human Resources Specialist
at US Department of Homeland Security
Glynco, Georgia, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||09 Oct, 2020||USD 91231 Annual||10 Jul, 2020||1 year(s) or above||Health,Training Programs,Information Systems,Personnel Management,Regulations,Performance Management,Dhs,Labor Relations,Technical Services,Employee Relations,Credit,Government Ethics,Databases,Classification,Training||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
These positions administer, advise on, and deliver a variety of HR products and services throughout the agency. Management will rely on you to help them apply merit system principles. Employees will rely on you to provide information and assistance. Ultimately, you will assume an integral role in assuring that all parties observe merit system principles in executing their HR-related actions.
The HR functional areas for which we are collecting applications are classification, recruitment/placement, employee relations, employee development and training, labor relations, benefits, performance management, and HR information systems.
All candidates must possess the required specialized experience by the time their resume is reviewed.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level researching, interpreting, and applying appropriate Federal laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines in at least one of the HR functional areas listed above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
- For the Recruitment and Placement functional area, you will advise management on recruitment strategies, sources, and special programs that emphasize Affirmative Action.
- For the Classification functional area, you will develop and evaluate job descriptions by applying position classification criteria and supplemental guidance to determine the title, series, and grade of Federal jobs.
- For the Employee Benefits functional area, you will administer the CSRS, FERS, FEHB, FEGLI, Long Term Care Insurance, FSA, TSP, and FECA.
- For the Performance Management functional area, you will provide advice, assistance, technical guidance, and policy guidance to management concerning their responsibilities for appraising their employees’ performance.
- For the Employee/Labor Relations functional areas, you will guide management officials and employees concerning all aspects of the labor-management and employee relations programs.
- For the HR Development functional area, you will provide advice and assistance to management concerning the determination of training needs, sources of needed training, how to meet identified needs, and evaluating results.
- For the HR Information Systems functional area, you will provide technical advice and assistance on the design, implementation, and operation of HR automated systems.
HR / Administration / IR
If you are a 30% or more disabled veteran submit member copy 4 of your dd-214 certificate of release or discharge from active duty an sf-15 application for 10-point veterans' preference and an ab4 civil service preference letter.
Glynco, GA, USA