HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
at US Department of the Navy
Bremerton, Washington, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||09 Feb, 2020||USD 81283 Annual||10 Nov, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Regulations,Organizational Design,It,Public Sector,Placement Services||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
You will serve as a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST in the HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE (HRO) of BUMED DETACHMENT BREMERTON.
To Qualify for the GS-12: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience providing human resources advisory and operational services as it relates to the organizational design and recruitment of talent.
- Experience applying personnel recruitment and placement policies, practices and procedures to perform a variety of complex staffing assignments.
- Experience interpreting and applying labor and employee relations laws, rules and regulations to coordinate resolution for disputes.
- Experience advising managers apply a wide range of compensation flexibilities.
To Qualify for the GS-11: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience assisting with exploring various recruitment sources to identify a well qualified job applicant pool.
- Experience utilizing human resource management systems to compile data for recruitment and placement services.
- Experience assisting with conducting internal assessments of labor and employee relations functional program to help resolve issues in the workplace.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
TO QUALIFY FOR GS-11 ONLY:
Substitution of Education for Experience: Applicants may substitute the following education for the required experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M., if related.
Combination of Education and Experience: Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements.
IF YOU ARE RELYING ON YOUR EDUCATION TO MEET QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- You will provide expertise and guidance to managers and employees on all phases of the staffing process.
- You will provide technical assistance to supervisors and managers on all aspects of Employee Relations (ER) problems/issues relating to leave, hours of work, medical issues, performance issues, pay, and disciplinary and conduct related cases.
- You will advise managers on complex Labor Relations problem situations to include phases of union organizing, evaluating and preparing responses to grievances, and assessing/advising on unfair labor practices, etc.
- You will provide compensation advice and assistance to managers to include pay setting, special salary rates, awards and leave flexibilities.
HR / Administration / IR
Bremerton, WA, USA