Incoming Quality Control Technician 4
Tucson, Arizona, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||25 Oct, 2022||Not Specified||27 Jul, 2022||10 year(s) or above||Writing,Calipers,Asq,Iso,Optical Comparator,Reagents,Statistical Inference,Qps,Quality System,Oracle,Measurement Tools,Workflow Management,Drug Discovery,Customer Requirements,Probability,Cmm,Instructions||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
At Roche Tissue Diagnostics, we have revolutionized cancer diagnostics worldwide through state-of-the-art testing automation. We provide more than 250 cancer tests and associated instruments, making us the leading global supplier of cancer diagnostic systems to the pathology market.
Through excellence and innovation in science and engineering, our people are leading the discovery, development and delivery of diagnostic systems and tissue-based cancer tests that are guiding the future of healthcare. This culture of constant innovation at Roche Tissue Diagnostics fuels our vision: to empower our customers by providing the highest quality, most innovative cancer diagnostic solutions. We are passionate in our pursuit of diagnostic solutions that improve the practice of medicine because when we empower pathology professionals, we brighten the outlook for patients.
Relocation benefits are not available for this job posting.
Associate’s Degree in in a technical field. American Society for Quality (ASQ) or equivalent Certified Technician.
- Minimum 10 years experience in precision mechanical and/or electrical components inspection. Familiarity with Quality System including ISO.
- Experienced with standard measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, optical comparator, and Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T)
experience. Familiarity with inspection of electrical wires and cable assemblies.
- Experienced interfacing with Business Enterprise System such as Oracle.
- Must have Incoming Quality Inspection/ Metrology experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to independently interpret and follow engineering specifications drawing.
- Ability to do Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings and schematics, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate results of inspections to peers and supervisors verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference with the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interpret and work in accordance to Ventana quality system Quality Products Services (QPs) and manufacturing Operations (OPs) pertaining to this position.
- Skill in using Excel Spreadsheets, Word processing, E-mail, and Measuring equipment software.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation under applicable law, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with customer requirements, the company’s health and safety obligations and/or applicable law or guidelines.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com
- Monitors Calibration of equipment and functions as the technical liaison with calibration service providers when debugging or discussing calibration matters.
- Works with Supplier Quality Engineers in reviewing and validating parts inspection methods used by suppliers for data correlation and alignment with Vendor Management System (VMS) inspection processes and acceptance /rejection criteria. Visits suppliers when requested to verify and improve suppliers’ inspection techniques.
- Identifies areas for improvement, proposes changes, gains approval and implements them for Incoming Quality Control (IQC) process. Interacts with other functional groups to gain alignment in the implementation of new processes and problem solving techniques.
- Stays abreast with new inspection technologies and equipment and assists the Manager, Incoming Quality to identify and specify new/additional equipment needed for new parts or to enhance inspection accuracy as may be required.
- Inspects incoming materials using precision measuring instruments and electronic testing equipment to determine conformance to written specifications.
- Reviews Material Specifications, receiving inspection instructions, supplier quality history records.
- Inspects and measures material for conformance to specifications in Lab and Supplier facilities as scheduled by the Group/Team Leader or when requested.
- Verifies all non-conformance found by other inspectors, validates the inspection methods, tools and equipment used by other technicians.
- Controls the release of in-coming materials and non-conforming materials discovered after release.
- Performs advanced Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming.
- Participates in design reviews as required.
- Provides training and guidance to Inspectors and other quality technicians as required. Technical lead inspector, monitors other inspectors work to help Management to identify training needs as well as performance improvement opportunities
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned, including but not limited to, recording inspection results and maintaining inspection records, leading disposition of Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), developing IQC metrics, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Production / Maintenance / Quality
A technical field
Tucson, AZ, USA