Inside Sales Representative, Laboratory Chemicals
at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||25 Sep, 2021||Not Specified||25 Jun, 2021||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
We are looking for an ambitious Inside Sales Representative to join our Laboratory Chemicals sales team in the UK.
As Inside Sales Representative, you will use your scientific knowledge and relationship building skills to sell our Laboratory Chemical products portfolio to our customers across the UK and to gain market share. You will initiate and build strong customer relationships over the phone and will also have the opportunity to meet with some of your key customers in person, driving sales over time.
This role reports to the Regional Sales Manager and involves selling the chemical brands from a general perspective and a project-specific approach, and works closely with field-based Chemical Specialists to support our customers.
You will be office-based at our Inchinnan site in Paisley, although some home office working may be possible. Due to the ongoing pandemic, you will temporarily be working from home full time when you first start in role. Occasional travel may be required within the UK (when safe to do so). It is expected that 75% of the role will be spent interfacing with customers, with 25% planning, training and reporting.
This role is ideal for a Chemistry (or Life Sciences) graduate with some sales or customer-facing experience, who wants to pursue a sales career at a global company. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position, in an international environment. We will provide full product and sales training to develop your selling skills and ensure your success in the role.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in Chemistry
- Some direct selling or customer service-based experience within any industry
- Sales mindset; strongly motivated by targets
- Strong communicator; able to engage and influence at all levels
- Positive attitude and desire to succeed
- Good organizational skills with clear prioritization of short and long-term tasks
- Accepts accountability and responsibility
- Fluent in English
- Strong MS-Office skills
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
- Successfully manage the sale of company products and services
- Gain a full understanding of the capabilities of the company under the brands Thermo Fisher, Fisher Chemical and BioReagents, Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge, including bulk (production & speciality chemicals)
- Act as an ambassador of Thermo Fisher Scientific and fully embrace the company values
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers
- Onboarding new accounts
- Provide reports on a regular basis as requested. Such reports will include customer connection reports, performance to targets, project progress, etc.
- Effectively plan your time to maximise impact
- Create large opportunity leads and actively follow up quotations with the aim of maximizing numbers and conversion rates
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
Sales / BD
Glasgow, United Kingdom