IT Services Technician
Hawthorne, CA 90250, USA -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||30 Apr, 2023||USD 35 Hourly||31 Jan, 2023||1 year(s) or above||Software,Disabilities,Veterans,Overtime,Mac,Itar,Color,Cars,Communication Skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT SERVICES TECHNICIAN
SpaceX is looking for an experienced IT services technician with strong knowledge and experience in world class IT service delivery. Candidates must have experience working in organizations capable of meeting the demanding needs of “high caliber engineers” and supporting critical operations such as launch and mission operations and 24x7 manufacturing operations. This team delivers the complete life cycle of IT services for the staff at SpaceX, from on boarding and set up, to upgrade, installation, troubleshooting, repair and replacement of hardware and software solutions, asset recovery and protection. This team also has architectural responsibilities in the areas of end user computer infrastructure, printing, and conference room technologies.
The person in this position must have strong overall IT technical skills, while also having excellent customer services/interaction skills and superior organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of professional experience building, deploying and troubleshooting computer systems, hardware, printers, software, and IP networks within an enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting Microsoft technologies.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience supporting Mac iOS and Linux environments.
- Technical certifications (i.e. A+, Network+, MCSE).
- Working knowledge of audio-visual equipment.
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Able to work independently while maintaining patience with the constant interruptions.
- Due to the high visibility of this position, excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. for duties (i.e. delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment).
- Need to be able to drive cars and electric carts.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must be flexible to work various shift patterns (i.e. early morning to afternoon, or afternoon to later evening).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Provide 1st and 2nd, and 3rd tier support to SpaceX employees.
- Manage on site inventory and the total lifecycle of IT assets.
- Procure, configure and deploy computer hardware and mobile cellular devices.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues, in person and remotely.
- Configure and troubleshoot desktop, label and large multifunction printers.
- Network support and troubleshooting. From device connectivity to VLAN configuration.
- Configure non-traditional network attached devices (production, metrology and test machines) and interface with SpaceX infrastructure.
- Develop new workflows and solutions, working directly with IT engineering groups and other internal/external resources to resolve complex issues.
- Write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in terms that non-technical people can understand.
IT - Hardware / Telecom / Technical Staff / Support
High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
Hawthorne, CA 90250, USA